Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had a buddy with a v6 rodeo who was always talkin smack about my 'crappy focus'..so i challenged him to a race..and well this weekend we are cruising down the highway at about a buck 20...and next thing i know, he isnt there anymore..turns out that he threw a piston through his block COMPLETLY..take that izuzu!!

and also..i still smoked him off the on-ramp and on the highway

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
hahahaha [rofl]
didn't know the zx3's could go 120, thought the governer was set at 113 or something?

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Well his profile says he has a "engine chip" so if thats the case the limiter is no more.

Either way congrats on beating a old busted Izuzu. LOL

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the guy is a complete ******* anyway..tried to scare me by saying he has a turbo...and showed me his 'switch' for it..haha..i know hoe rediculous it sounds..but its true he actually said it..so i acted all scared, and still stomped his ass...

·
Registered
950 Posts
poor bastard, but at the same time..i [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g isuzu? people are dumb sometimes

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
some FI cars do have swithces ive been in a 3000GT that u could turn the turbos on and off i think it was just a boost setting though off is low psi and on is max psi. not 100% sure ive also seen some supras with the switch never really looke dinto it though

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
It's a mechanical system, so you can't really turn it on/off, just adjust the boost pressure. I guess if you could flip something that left the wastegate open 100% of the time it would seem like it was off.

I don't see why you would ever want that though. Any car built with turbo's in mind isn't going to be very impressive with no boost and should work just fine with boost all the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts