·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Resident Curmudgeon
4,360 Posts
Nice job Ken !!! [driving] [burnout]

Sorry we weren't able to hook up. My daughter was Christened this weekend and we had family come into town (I guess I need to pay better attention to the calendar).

How did the brakes work for you? I'm going to guess that you like this set up MUCH better.

Main is a LOT different than Shenandoah. I will bet that it seemed much easier to you. A lot more time to think and plan. Better passing zones as well.

Once again, GREAT job.

FYI, I have a line on Hoosier Cup tires. I picked up 6 yesterday.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tom for the nice words....

WOW, what a difference being able to stop makes[clap] [clap]

Had a blast, stayed with the HP+ instead of putting on the Blues or HT10's. They did just fine.

I started out slow, and by the time Sunday rolled around, signed off for SOLO, and was hauling the mail around the track. Great time!!

I picked up so much speed as the weekend progressed I changed a lot of shift points to non shift points, got around faster even yet.

When I started I was still in 3rd going through 10, by Sunday morning I was in 4th coming out of 9 because of all the speed I gained in 6,7,8... you know how they are tied together, that stuff works well when you do it right.[driving] [driving]

I will still take you up on some OJT on swapping the pads when you are available.

Will try to get up some nice pice too.

Ken

[burnout] [burnout]

·
Registered
307 Posts
Those were some great vids. That's really impressive! What all is done to the Focus?

I love going to Summit Point, but I've never actually had my car out on the track. What venue was that, just a track day or something?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
4,360 Posts
Those were some great vids. That's really impressive! What all is done to the Focus?

I love going to Summit Point, but I've never actually had my car out on the track. What venue was that, just a track day or something?
I can't speak to Ken's mods, but Summit has a lot of opprtunity for you to participate.

The event in the video was a NASA event.

The SVT Owners Association (SVTOA) does an event there.

SCCA Performance Driving Experience (PDX)

Mercedes Benz Club - Greater Washington Sector

Capital Driving Club

All of those events are open to all makes and models.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still working on putting the in car shots together, stay tuned!

Mods=
One hell of a Screamin Jon Lund Tune, best in the bidness
K&N CAI
Billt intake manifold runner
CFM High Flow midpipe
Iridium plugs with new wires
Strut tower brace
Eibach front and rear sway bars
All 3 Steeda poly motor mounts-beefy
Eibach shocks and struts
SS brake lines
oem rotors
Hawk HP+ pads
Nitto NT01 racing tire

I think that is it for now, I was running the 93 tune, I also have one for racing that adds a lil timing if I want to run 1/2 tank of 110

I think she sounds vry good at WOT.

That was Summit main, they are doing the same thing Nove 8-9, come on out.

I was the only focus there

Ken

·
Registered
307 Posts
That was Summit main, they are doing the same thing Nove 8-9, come on out.

I was the only focus there

Ken
Sounds great. Is it another NASA event and do I need to register or anything like that?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Cool, thanks for the info. Hopefully I'll be able to go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts