Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1fastfocus05
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im installing my kit now and wanted to know,,where do i mount the blow off valve and the maf sensor,,i mean does the maf sensor mount on the part near the throttle body or on the part off the turbo fresh air inlet piece? also does the blow off valve mount on the piece going to the tb or from the turbo? and how close do these parts need to be to the tb and to the turbo? or does it not matter?

im going to install the air/fuel gauge right into the intake manifold,, im going to drill a hole into it and mount the gauge there,,,this sound ok?

and the boost gauge mounts into the piping comming from the turbo? or into the tb?

·
Dumbledore dies?!?!
3,123 Posts
I'd put the MAF about 10-12 inches from the throttle body, and and the BOV about 6-8 inches behind the MAF. Not sure on the A/F guage, but the boost gauge I do believe goes into the piping comming from the turbo. This is the way I would do it, some might do it differently.

·
1fastfocus05
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive seen pics where the maf was on the pipe from the turbo to the air filter and the bov on the pipe from the intercooler to tb,,does this really matter to much?

·
FF Affiliate
30,935 Posts
I would put the MAF between the IC and TB this way it can pick up the IAT after cooling in the straightest pipe you can , I came from behind the light on the drivers side and had a nice long straight pipe to the TB and welded the MAF bung right in the pipe

The BOV can be about anywhere before the MAF

The o2 (air fuel gauge ) can go anywhere in the exh system

The boost gauge needs to be on the engine side of the TB meaning in the intake manifold

Tom

·
1fastfocus05
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
turbo info

I would put the MAF between the IC and TB this way it can pick up the IAT after cooling in the straightest pipe you can , I came from behind the light on the drivers side and had a nice long straight pipe to the TB and welded the MAF bung right in the pipe

The BOV can be about anywhere before the MAF

The o2 (air fuel gauge ) can go anywhere in the exh system

The boost gauge needs to be on the engine side of the TB meaning in the intake manifold

Tom
so i need to come from the pass side of the intercooler to the tb and put the maf sensor in that part after a long straight piece of pipe,,,and i need to put the BOV in that same piece of pipe,,,before or after the maf sensor,,,,and do i need to use ure maf pipe or can i use the stock maf pipe for now untill i get u to tune it?? and the air/fuel gauge wires into the o2 sensor? awsome,,,do u know what wires are what on the stock duratec o2 sensor wires? i think my air/fuel gauge wires are not the same color as the stock so how do i wire it up? other parts i understand thanks tom,,,by the way that stock duratec tune i sent me was the shit,,it feels like it opened 25 hp more,,,i remember on ure dyno i was falling short at like 111 whp and u said my car was running lean,,maybe ure tune fixed it and added horsepower

·
FF Affiliate
30,935 Posts
If you have the AF toy that wires in but it in your closet it will be just as much help , you need a wide band o2 to be safe

The MAF needs to be in the IC to TB IN the straight part so if you have 14inches of straight the MAF should be 7 inches from the turn and before the next turn

You can weld a bung into the piping and use the piping for the MAF

BOV needs to be before the MAF almost anywhere

Tom

·
1fastfocus05
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
widebands are like 200-300$ right?

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
correct. here's a pic. of my maf & bov if it helps. summit racing sells the aem a/f for 250

·
1fastfocus05
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
guess im going to have to get the pipe with maf adapter on it and get a wideband,,,if the narrow bands suck so much then why does anyone use one?

·
Registered
142 Posts
money money money monaaaay

·
1fastfocus05
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so i can use it its just not the best is what ure saying?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
The narrow band does not measure a wide enough range of A/F for forced induction.
It simply won't measure what you need it to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts