Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of starting to work on my stereo next and had a few ?'s

I have a 07 with the 6CD changer and the steering wheel controls (<3 em!)

The stock speakers SUCK plain and simple I was thinking about getting some 6*8's all round with some component's up front.

My main question is should I be looking to replace the deck as well and if I do replace can i Still retain the use of the Steering wheel controls?

·
Registered
585 Posts
You can wire in new speakers without changing the deck, and if you don't change the deck you still have steering wheel controls. The only way you might have to change the deck is if you wanted a different one or adding a amp since factory decks don't usually have RCA outputs.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah I've done quite a few car setup's before just never had the steering wheel controls. I want a good sounding system but dont wanna go crazy. My last car was stolen partially because of the 2k worth of audio equipment in it dont wanna wind up in the same boat

·
Registered
118 Posts
you an use either your stock HU or an aftermarket on with an amp. to use your stock unit, you would need a Line Out Converter, or LOC. you can also use your steering wheel functions with an aftermarket deck, you would have to buy an adapter for that. it would be worth it to do so because it is that factory unit that is making those speakers sound terrible. while they are not great speakers, the stock units are absolutely awfull. there are a ton of options out there. do some research on places like www.crutchfield.com and www.sounddomain.com. both are incredibly helpful sites.

·
Banned
3,065 Posts
In regards to the actual ?, yes you can change the stock HU and retain your steering wheel controls. You will need to purchase and install a swix control from PAC

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I run an aftermarket radio and personally i think that the steering wheel controls are the most over rated thing anyways....If you are going to run components up fromt i would highly suggest running a 4 channel amp in the car that puts out atleast 50wx4 rms

1 - 6 of 6 Posts