Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, Im from Alaska and just bought a 05 ZX4 ST for a couple reasons, tired of trucks because of gas and wanted something with a better ride. Im also interested into starting into modding and such. Ive been reading around the forums to find the postives and negetives of products, but I still have a few questions.

First off is CAI..i read about the hydrolocking, but how common is it? I know the obvious "stay how of deep puddles" but what about hard rain? or any rain for that matter. i took a quick look the current 2.3's intake and can't seem to find where exactly the air comes in but it looks as though its the same area where a CAI would be.

Next is a product ive never seen mentioned on this forum yet and Im a bit skeptical of is the "Turbonator". Ive seen in on TV a few times and seen what it does. Does anyone know if it works and worth the $70 or a fraud? If it works, what about with a CAI? If your not sure what i mean check out Turonator.com

Anyways thanks for your time and I would love any tips and ideas you could give me. And, yes, i know about the Ford duratec parts website, its in my favorites. PS. sry for any typoes didnt have time to read over it.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
ok about the turbonator thingy there was a thread on here a while ago and most people thought it was a joke including me I mean just look at that thing. It makes me want to laugh. About hydrolocking from what I understand you have to go through a bumper deep puddle. Plus from what people tell me a little bit of water will not hurt the engine it might smoke little but it won't hurt it very much.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I might be a little concerned about hydrolocking if you're driving in Anchorage. During Breakup, there's some pretty major puddles. What am I saying? It's like driving through a series of muddy lakes.

My buddy got his truck stuck trying to drive across Eagle River, but that's another story.

·
Registered
290 Posts
ur right the if u go with a marcy cai its gonna be in the same location as the stock filter box, just be very aware of how deep a puddle u go through and ull be ok

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
I've never been to Alaska so I have no idea how tough the water gets, if it can be avoided etc...

As for the Turbonator and other such products, Bad! Have you seen this thread about eBay scam items to be avoided? That may prove helpful for someone new who isn't sure what things are legit or not.

Good choice on the ST though, wlecome to the fold!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts