Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my fenders. I have searched mostly everywhere and I see that my options are: Stock OEM fenders, RS fenders (with euro side marker cut out), Z3 steel fenders (not Fiberglass), and Carbonfiber fenders. Which one would you buy for your focus? Help me out with website references that have the best prices. Thanks...[8D]

·
Registered
451 Posts
The Z3 fenders will be by far the cheapest (got mine off ebay), but depends on if they will flow with what you have done to your car....

The RS fenders aren't a simple replacement, you also have to buy a Euro washer bottle, RS inner fender slash gaurds, side reapters & sockets

Carbon fiber are more for race/show cars and i wouldn't suggest them for a street driven car, but ultimately your choice and the most expensive one

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
^^that about sums it all up lol... im personally not a huge fan of the z3 fenders, i just havent seen them really flow with the focus at all... the others as he said are more work or not quite practical for DD cars

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
What about just the regular stock euro focus fenders? The RS Fenders are wider anyways so you would need the RS front bumper too right?

I remember seeing Z3 fenders with the sidemarker hole. I thought about covering up those silly vents to make it look like a stock fender and have the sidemarkers.

·
Registered
247 Posts
carbon fibre!!!!!! the only way to go. they are sexy and ultra light weight =)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What about just the regular stock euro focus fenders?
Where would I purchase these from?
(Websites???)
Or is there a vendor on the forums that sells them?[scratch]

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool.........So for the Euro fenders, what I would need is the Fenders themselves, Euro washer bottle, Euro side markers, and the pigtail connector to those side markers. Did I miss anything?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NADM (North American domestic market)fenders
In other words North American stock fenders. If I decide to go with new fresh stock fenders, who would sell them at a good price besides Ebay?

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
^^he thought you were selling yours sleepo

the Z3 fenders are wayyy played out, i've seen SLR-style ones as well on eBay but they're cheezy

i'm pretty sure if you get the regular euro fenders you won't have to change anything except get the side repeater socket/lens and wire that up, would look nice and classy. they come in clear, amber, and black/smoked as well.

i live right down the road from B.A.T. inc who keeps the euro stuff in stock, easiest way to get it without sourcing them from europe (= expensive and takes forever to ship) otherwise theres www.european-parts.net for an overseas alternative

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^^he thought you were selling yours sleepo
I did???? [paranoid] No... By the way, is the British Auto transfer place really big, like a warehouse, or is it a small shop?

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
^^yeah you were like all asking me please please sell me your euro stuff and I was like no no I can't and then you said shut the F up and give it to me. Well I started crying after that then you hit and kicked me *sniff sniff* I just can't take this abuse anymore *sniffs while sobbing*[bigcry] [joke]

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[drinking]Nice.. [rofl]

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You take the gun[gunfire]and I'll take the hatchet [hatchet] and we will call it even........[chair] Maybe.....[clap] [clap] [clap]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts