Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don’t know how everyone feels about the 2008 Focus with those Faux "Fender Vents"... I myself am torn [?|] . So I'm wondering how I would go about removing them if I decide to do so. Any tips or a "How To" would be greatly appreciated! Oh and Opinions welcome.

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
I say junk them, but when you take them off there will be holes....maybe find someone local without them and the same color as your car that wants to trade fenders?

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Well if you are good with fiberglass and bondo and paint you could fill the holes yourself. And IMO they look like crap lol. So good call on taking them out.

O yea and welcome[welcome]

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
Somebody on here took off the vents and painted the chrome to match. Maybe just another alternative instead of removing them completely.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
i dont know if the holes wouldnt look better than the vents...

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
since when does warrantly cover bodywork?

·
Registered
982 Posts
08's should be showing up in salvage yards by now. Look for fenders w/o vents, paint'em, and slap'em on. Or even one's with vents and fill'em.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Ford has a paint warranty... 7 year 70k mile

but I didn't think any of the '08s came w/o fender vents... have yet to see one w/o em atleast. The '09s don't have em but w/ the front/back bumper variance change iano if they would fit.

Also, what's everyone's deal w/ the vents? I like em, the '09's look a tad plain w/o em IMO

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
i thought i saw someone on here take theirs off, and no holes in the fender????

·
Registered
117 Posts
when i bought my 08, i had to buy the s model because i did not want the fender vents. they are hideous and ford should be ashamed of installing them on the focus. they should have been an option, that could be taken off without any trace...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts