Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in Mass have a fender roller, or know of somewhere that i can get it done?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool thanks. ill have to check them out. is rolling them actually hard, or is it pretty straight forward?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
its not hard. all you have to do is bolt it on just like a wheel, adjust the arm, adjust the roller, heat the fender to HOT then roll away. there is always a chance of paint flaking which is a know problem, some cars dont fllake. its more a two person job, one to roll, and one to heat.

with rolling fenders, your not rolling out the fender to come out, your rolling the inner fender that sticks out, to make it flush with the outer fender. i hope you know this lol, some people like to push out their fender in which its not good and kinda looks tacky.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I used a block of wood and some channellocks and accomplished the same thing. I rapped the wood with a thick cloth and laid it against the fender and pinched the lip closed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, i know its not to push the whole fender. thats why im trying to find some wider fenders first. my rims will stick out a bit, but i like the look of them still being tucked under fenders with a little bigger flare to them. kinda like alot of people to to getta's and gti's

·
Focus Enthusiast
3,002 Posts
I'm moving this to your local regional forum so the MA crew can maybe tip you off to a good spot to get this done. When I lived in Worcester my buddy had a nice fender rolling tool but I don't think he has it anymore....

·
Registered
42 Posts
You can always use a baseball bat. Paint can crack/chip. I was going to do it, but I may not now since I am running different wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts