Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
there is a guy on StrictlyEA.com that has a fender roller. They usually have G2G's and roll fenders when there is enough interest.

dave.

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
You know you could rent a fender roller ... or do the usual BaseBall Bat roll ... [wiggle] Kidding.

-Ray-

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
i think some online shops have them for rent, but im not sure who. i need to rent as well.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
we should all have a rolling party tech day lol

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
^^ Less rubbing on lowered cars ^^

DeadlyDean --> that is a good idea ... we can then split the cost for renting a Fender Roller.

-Ray-

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
ooooOOOOOOooooo
i think we should have a roller day and rent from chaney. we could do it one day on the weekend, from mid morning to night. we can all split the money.

chaney, how long does it take to roll on focus?
isnt it like 2hrs?

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
I rolled a VW in less than an hour ... with a fender roller.

They are not hard at all to do especially with that tool.

-Ray-

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
ooooOOOOOOooooo
i think we should have a roller day and rent from chaney. we could do it one day on the weekend, from mid morning to night. we can all split the money.

chaney, how long does it take to roll on focus?
isnt it like 2hrs?
It all depends on what amount you are rolling and how much you care about your paint.

If you are sane and care about paint and are only going to roll the lips flat, then I would guess about 2 hours ~30 minutes a corner with proper heating and work.

If you don't care about paint and are function over form, then it took me about 30 minutes to do my car. I did it on about 100* day, bolted it up and went to town ~.75" wider on the fronts, and ~.5" wider in the rears. I didn't ruin my paint, but you might.

Let me know whats up, My prices are listed, and I would want to ship/deal with one person, and they can collect the money form who ever uses it.

I do have a heat gun that can be included for rent, I do not remember if it is included in the document.

If I don't respond in here, shoot me a pm to ask me to come back and answer questions.

*I am by far not an expert and your paint is your responsibility.*

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
^^ Thanks for the info.

And I did forget about the Heat Gun ... (A buddy of mine handled that when I did it)

-Ray-

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
I noticed that I do not have my heat gun included in the document.

I will add that in for 20 dollars.

Total cost would be 70 dollars plus shipping both directions.

Thanks

Kevin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts