Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I hit a high curb with my 2012 SEL.
The fender liner [or 'guard' in the parts.ford.com listing] pinched between the curb and tire, and pulled off its mountings [most pulled through the liner]
I decided to buy a new 'guard' from Ford [$54] but I could also have gotten an aftermarket liner from RockAuto [$18 + shipping].

A problem area is there is a moulded flange inside the bumper cover that remained attached to the liner, and tore off as a strip.
I do not want to replace the bumper cover if possible [due to cost of part and paying a shop to paint it - from discussion threads here its fairly simple to replace]

So, what sort of adhesive would be suitable for gluing the strip back on?
Some sort of hot melt?
Urethane?
Crazy Glue?

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
It would be best to pic the area concerned with. That's likely a very high flex area and any glue there will likely come loose in the cold. The orignal attachment style is one that lends greatly to separate flexing and even stretching apart to a certain degree. It's what allows the parts to last so long with light impacts along the way.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I put mine back together with zip ties. That fix will last as long as the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
With enough water impacts it will likely rattle. I screw them positively down to never ever make noise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts