Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered the FC UDP 2 peice kit brand new off ebay for $75.

How does this brand of UDP's hold up against the competition?

I figured there wasn't going to be a real difference, plus FC seemed to be a reputable brand.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
its good, just check on the water pump pulley every now and then.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Checking on the water pump pulley... *shrug* I've had my 2pc set on for a month now, not a single problem at all, of course I had it professional installed with an impact gun torqued to specs. As long as you torque them down hard, there shouldn't be any worries at all about your new UDP set.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I think I'm going to have it proffesionally done unfortunatly...I lack all the neccesary tools.

How much did that cost you Cows?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have the FC 2pc and I love them. BTW you should just do it yourself you can go buy a impact that plugs into the lighter in your car that works just fine. With that its easy and you'll save probably 100 or more to have them put on.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
tools? u need a lug wrench, 15mm wrench, and a 10mm wrench if im not mistaken. its easy. the fc is decent, the bolts tend to come loose on the water pump and they are hard to get pretty tight because the pulley moves when u tighten it, easiest way is to get the belt on, pull down on it while u tighten them to keep the pulley in place, get them on the best u can, and check on them after driving for a bit. i lost 2 of my bolts and almost the whole pulley. had to go to a ford dealership 45 min away for new ones. so yeah, def check on them. i just switched to the afx pulley myslef. the car runs smoother, not too big of a dif in power though.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
i went into a local ford dealership, talked to one of the mechanics in the garage, he looked at it, said he'd do it for 20 bucks, took him about 30 minutes, handed him a 20 dollar billr. Best bet is finding a big dealership with the proper tools and paying them under the table, if it's not busy and they have the time, they'll do anything to help someone out, usually.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
sorry for the delay...checking for loose bolts...and yes, they can come lose....a month is nothing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts