Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my FC pulleys just came this morning. I wasn't expecting the 3pc but thats what I got. I went at it this afternoon and installed the 2pc and left the alt pulley out. It wasnt that hard until I tried to get the crank pulley off. No matter what I tried it wouldn't come off. after about 30 min of fighting with it I just left it and waited for the wife to get home so I could use the other car to go buy an electric impact.. So now I get back and it is off in 5 seconds. lol then it was done shortly after. I haven't had a chance to go for a run because I have to get ready for work so I'll soon see how it feels with the pulleys. I just had to come on here and post before I go to work. I'll let you know how it goes after work.

For anyone thats going to tackle this I say go geta impact and it will be easy to install. The impact was only $55 CDN.

Later.[driving]

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that the a/c at idle isnt a big problem if you dont like it just hold your foot on the gas a bit during idle. that will take care of the problem i would think.

As for how the car feels with the new pulleys on I think i like it a lot. Seems to have a bit better response to it and maybe its just me but it almost seems to pull a bit better but then again with 3-4 whp would I notice that? I do have one thing I am having a problem with now after the pulleys are on. I keep thinking I didnt tighten the crank pulley enough and the damn thing will fly off and kill me car. I used the impact to put it back on so I would assume that it should be tight enough. maybe just a little paranoid.

Other than that I'm happy.[:D]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts