Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well install was quick and easy, took me like 20 mins to take everything off and back on. started the car sounds differnt. even the intake sound is different has this new whistle to it. idles a lot better. like it was said before its like driving a new car and u have to re-learn to drive it. im very happy with with. its very touchy which i like. i want gas and pow its there. no delay at all. deffinetly more noticeable out of the ox out of many of my mods. even friends said the could see a major differnece in feel. now they all want one.ill give it a 4 out of 5 just because the screws that came off the stock TB for the side connector go in a little tight and i dont like that it felt like they were being threaded wrong.

·
2,272 Posts
I cry every day now after I sold it... No really if you ever go back to stock, it feels like you have to slam the pedal down to get the car moving. I really like the touchiness of the throttle body.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Just the kind of good review I wanted to hear!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
yeah thanks for the nice review cant wait to get one and sdfocus yeah i always have to put mine down to the metal to pass someone one the highway i know your wishin u kept some of your mods.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
I barely remember what my car was like before (swapped fairly soon after buying), but the other thing I noticed was as you're accelerating up a highway on-ramp it feels smoother, like it just glides up to speed, where before it was "choppier"?

I dunno, but I like it, whether it adds hp... or not. It's a nice feel to the pedal.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
yeah i recently got a new job and now im driving on the highway 2 times a day and it sucks with the stock stuff sometimes to merge i have to put it to the floor and if im not in the right gear due to the auto trans it takes for ever to go and other times it goes fast.

·
Registered
383 Posts
When I installed my FC throttle body I rode the clutch a lot for a few days because I was still pushing the pedal as much as I used to, when I first took off.

I must say, a very good mod, huge difference in response and performance. I noticed the whistling too, some people think it's an intake leak, but it hasn't been anything but a good whistle. It also sounds a little like a turbo! Ha ha.

[thumb]

·
Registered
47 Posts
where did you get yours? and how much was it

·
Registered
815 Posts
What is FC?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Focus Central. I believe CFM is selling the rest of the stock now. From what I've read on FJ they're also trying to find fixes for the "throttle body sticks" issue.

All I gotta say about mine is thank god for Tony D! He was the only one able to get me the bracket and gasket I needed to install a used FCTB.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Does focus central have a website because i cant seem to find it!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
They're out of business and no longer exist.

·
2,272 Posts
blanezx3 said:
Focus Central. I believe CFM is selling the rest of the stock now. From what I've read on FJ they're also trying to find fixes for the "throttle body sticks" issue.

All I gotta say about mine is thank god for Tony D! He was the only one able to get me the bracket and gasket I needed to install a used FCTB.
the idle screw is set too far back. It needs to be set as close as possible without raising the idle. Otherwise the flap sits a little too far back which causes the throttle to stick.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
^^^ Correct.
The throttle plate binds in the TB.
Screwn in the idle screw 1/2 turn, drive it for a day and if it still binds, repeat process until itno longer binds/sticks.

CFM is trying to address the issue that some people have with hanging or high idle issues.
Some beileve it has to do with the paper gasket but I'm not sure if people with these issues have even tried to check for a leak using a boost tester or spraying flammable liquid around the TB to see if there's a leak.

I had hanging high idle on my first 65mmTB and resolved it by turning the TPS 180 degrees and installing it.
I got another 65mmTB and it works fine(no hanging or high idle) with the TPS mounted in the stock direction.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
^^^ Correct.
The throttle plate binds in the TB.
Screwn in the idle screw 1/2 turn, drive it for a day and if it still binds, repeat process until itno longer binds/sticks.

CFM is trying to address the issue that some people have with hanging or high idle issues.
Some beileve it has to do with the paper gasket but I'm not sure if people with these issues have even tried to check for a leak using a boost tester or spraying flammable liquid around the TB to see if there's a leak.

I had hanging high idle on my first 65mmTB and resolved it by turning the TPS 180 degrees and installing it.
I got another 65mmTB and it works fine(no hanging or high idle) with the TPS mounted in the stock direction.

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
So this mod is worth it then. I have quite a few mods and I do not like the feel of my gas pedal in the slightest. I was going to get this mod until a bunch of people advised me to save the money for something else...like the header I bought and still haven't put on. I really want one of these FC throttle bodies and now I dont' have the money for one! So if you put the pedal to the floor do you accelerate faster?

·
2,272 Posts
turbovation said:
So this mod is worth it then. I have quite a few mods and I do not like the feel of my gas pedal in the slightest. I was going to get this mod until a bunch of people advised me to save the money for something else...like the header I bought and still haven't put on. I really want one of these FC throttle bodies and now I dont' have the money for one! So if you put the pedal to the floor do you accelerate faster?
No. Pedal to the floor is the same as with the stock TB. There are no proven gains from an aftermarket TB. This mod is only for the different throttle feel and responsiveness.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
The throttle response is awesome. I wish it'd come from the factory with a 65mm TB.

Sorry for the misinformation on the CFM thing. It'd been a while since I've seen that post.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Technically It would accelerate a split second faster, lol. Right? Now, how is the coswroth TB?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts