Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally have the last of the 'bolt on' mods for the SVTF. Turbo install is set for 6/25/06. Let me just say wow, what a difference! Im not talking about ground pounding power; rather ease of driving. No more 'stick' when I go to give it gas. Better idle, just an all around great mod. I never understood what people meant about better driveability until now!

Next, the VF Mounts (all three) and then the big power adder!!

Now, If I could just sell off my NA mods! [;)]

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
I felt like it made my gas peddle a little more "touchy" or "responsive".....as far as the stick, well I got it this winter when it got really cold, but not as bad.

congrats on your new upgrade [thumb] and NJoy

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have my svtf running stock right now.. i was wondering if a new throttle bottle would be the best first bolt on mod to make or is that one of the later ones i should do?..

·
Registered
183 Posts
good question... i was also wondering the same thing as Rudy... I wonder how much a throttle body would really help me right now since mine is all stock... It would help out alot if i were to get a cold air intake right?

·
Registered
814 Posts
I really liked the throttle body after i installed it. Many people suggest a STS for the first mod as well as the lower engine mount.

But the TB is well worth it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
STS?

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Short Throw Shifter

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the TB is mostly for response, I didnt feel any more power out of it. Its definitely a different feel though.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
cold air intake is also one of the first mods you should do also [thumb]
trust me on that one

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was thinking Diablo Predator ECU, or maybe off road pipe and exhaust... but is that going the wrong way about it?

What was THE first things you did? like, first few mods, or even the best/favorit mods you got?

·
Registered
507 Posts
My favorite mod was the aem cai. Don't worry about water that people so often say causes hydro lock though. I drive mine through down pours and large standing water. Also the tune, Most noted power increase and also gives all around better drivability. I just like the whistling sound my cai makes.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I keep waiting for the price on the tb to come down...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yeah, i wanna get a TB along with my CAI but to me... thats alot of frick'n money for a TB... So go for the tune right away eh?

Thanks for the Medication. hehe.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got mine 2nd hand and like I said, the last of the NA bolt ons...plus, should compliment the turbo nicely! [;)]

·
Registered
183 Posts
I wish i had enough cash for a Turbo...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Venom713 said:
I wish i had enough cash for a Turbo...
Me too! [;)]

...no one ever has money for a turbo...you just arent spending the money on other things...

·
Registered
183 Posts
I want to get little bolt ons onto my car... but then again... i could always just save for a like... oohhh almost 2 years and then i would have enough money to get one... little speed now... or ALOT of speed later... its a hellova question.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts