Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little help...
My T/B did not come with any new bracket for the 2 wires( accelerator and Cruise).

I suppose using the stock is the answer??

Thanks.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I haven't installed mine but one thing is do you have an automatic? Because it requires a special bracket.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another concern, I have that wrong feeling in my pedal just at the beginning.
I tried ajusting the screw with the metal retainer but that is just for the idle.

It's like I have to force the pedal, then it becomes smooth again.

Any solutions??
Thanks.
I have a 2001 5 speed.ZX3.

·
Registered
523 Posts
If yours is a manual, then you don't get a bracket. With the issue of popping the pedal, you need to adjust the idel screw until it stops.

·
Registered
717 Posts
vassili95 said:
Another concern, I have that wrong feeling in my pedal just at the beginning.
I tried ajusting the screw with the metal retainer but that is just for the idle.

It's like I have to force the pedal, then it becomes smooth again.

Any solutions??
Thanks.
I have a 2001 5 speed.ZX3.
Vassili,
You call me the other day, but I couldn't make out the phone number, you were breaking up. Sorry...

That "sticky pedal" sometimes happens to me during humid days, or when it rains. I usually put a small, very small, amount of lubricant on the end of the screw where it makes contact with the linkage. Use a "grease" if you can, rather than WD40 or something like that. Grease will stay longer. Very small amount though...

Personally I think there's some sort of static charge going on there, and it creates a magnetic field causing the darn thing to stick together. Of course I have not scientific proof of that... :)

·
Registered
845 Posts
I like your answer Ray....so much, I forgot what I was gonna type...uhhh...oh, yeah!
Mine "stuck" a little too at first. That feeling went away when I got used to using different pressure on the gas pedal, but if not, those other ideas sound good too....did I mention I really like Ray's magnetic theory??[hihi]

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you Ray. Helps a lot. After reading some past posts, I went on to put some grease and it was much better.

Just want to give a thanks to Ray on his outstanding order and shipping process. Ray made sure that the product I was purchasing was a perfect fit for my ZX3. Others will just leave in the dark. So coming from a retail manager, GREAT customer service Ray......Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts