Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, jus bought a FC short shifter with a red knob and a ford focus handbook..other than that....how much shorter is that shifter then stick. and does it work good? like does it give u quicker shift throws and shyt? anyone know?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have a FC short shifter with black knob. I don't know how much the shifter shorter than the stock but you can really feel the different. I like it a lot.[thumb]

·
Registered
6 Posts
FoRdFoCuZdRiVeR said:
Hey, jus bought a FC short shifter with a red knob and a ford focus handbook..other than that....how much shorter is that shifter then stick. and does it work good? like does it give u quicker shift throws and shyt? anyone know?
I have not gotten one yet. Have you installed yours yet? I mean because then you could just compare the length while you have them out together.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Sciron, I've got the same for my 03 ZX3. It's a race shifter and yes it is a few inches shorter then stock and now it's much more fun to drive it!

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Well, not much that I seen. The FC short throw shifter has reverse lockout and different colored knobs to choose from and the race shifter has just a silver knob and no reverse lockout function.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
also, apparently, the '02+ foci have a shorter throw than the 00-02 models, so when FC made the shifter for the '02+, they really didn't have to shorten anything but the rod length. hence, "race shifter" instead of "short shifter".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts