Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, there's a Focus Central short shifter, and there's a Ford Racing/Steeda short shifter (they both sell the same product). Does anyone know if there's a big difference between the two i.e. would I be better off getting one instead of the other? A short shifter is definitely in my near future, so I'm hoping to make the right choice.

·
Registered
970 Posts
From what I've read, the FC STS is shorter then the Steeda/FRPP STS, thus causing some problems for folks actually trying to reach it. The Steeda/FRPP STS seems to be the best balance of location/throw for everyone out there, so its the most popular one.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
For sure get the steeda, it isn't just a chopped off stick like the FC, it has a new pivot point. This should be your first mod, you'll love it [thumb]

·
Michael J. Caboose
6,512 Posts
FR/Steeda, mine is great...it not only shortens the throw, but it repositions the pivot points so there is less leverage needed to shift as opposed to the FC. In other words, either one will be more stiff, but the FR will be the better feeling one, as opposed to the FC.

*blah* That was too wordy, sorry...

·
Registered
81 Posts
The FC one is supposed to be shorter than the Steeda. I have the Steeda and getting in to 5th is already a bit of a stretch, so I'd imagine that it'd be even more of a reach on the FC one.

I'm 6'0" with long arms and use the second-to-last notch on the seat rail, so I'd say unless you're shorter than me and sit closer to the steering wheel, definitely don't get the FC shifter.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Roll with the Steeda / FR STS. It has a geat feel and youll love it. Dont know anything about the FC STS, but if its any shorter than Steeda's offering, you may wanna skip out on it.
Couple this the the VF mount and its a match made in heaven!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts