Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the FC race header for awhile and ever since i installed it, i started getting a really bad buzzing noise that i havent been able to get rid of. I cant tell what it is, but it sounds like it might be the header gasket, but i cant find any leaks and it only happens when i put the car under a load and at certain rpms. I know its not anything else because i have gotten a flex pipe and magnaflow catback and still had the same noise. I asked the guy who does the welding on my exhaust thinks it might be coming from something in the valve train. I asked FC about it and they said that it doesnt happen on the cars that they have the race header on. Just wondering if anybody has had this problem with the FC race header. Or for that matter, anybody who has removed the stock cat.

I have heard that the zetec minus the stock cat is loud, but this noise is really pissing me off.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I have the race pipe on the shorty and I ran into this also--It was the top bung for the whatzit on the exhaust I can`t remeber the name now but I moved the pipe a little and re-torqued all the pieces. It whent away..The buzzing hit a about 3800-4100 rpm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts