Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I have a question for you, i just purchased a long tube FC header from a fellow FF. I didn't do the SVT conversion because I am kinda new to cars and I am doing everything myself and I thought it was kinda of advanced at this stage. Anyway, I got a good price on it and I was wondering if I will be needing a heat wrap on it to protect my power steering line?

Thanks eveyone

·
Registered
48 Posts
yup, you will i heard that the PS line on a zetec may explode due to heat from the svt manifold, so when i did mine i didnt take any chances. btw im not exactly mechanically orientated and i fitted svt mani, cat, flexpipe and dipstick in 3.5 hours. Its only slightly more advanced that bolt ons in my opinion :)

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,790 Posts
Definitely I've read a couple of threads that say that their PS line was ok and then I've read some that say that the PS line blew up after a couple of hours of driving. I've also read that they bent the line a little bit up and out of the way but I don't know how much to bend it.

·
anti svt
2,731 Posts
you should be alright with the fc header. the focus sport header is fine and they are both the same design. the problem with the svt header is its right against the ps line. other headers are far enought away to not cause any problems

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
No need to wrap your header unless you are going to be racing it and need to keep your temps down or you are going for that "Fast and Furious" look. If you are going to be only streeting it or only occasionally driving down the track your money would be better well spent on a good set of hood stripes or those led washer nozzles.

·
anti svt
2,731 Posts
see how far away the ps line is from this header. it will be the same with your fc one

this is how you have to bent the ps line for the svt header

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright, thanks for the input guys. i appreciate it as always. rep for everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts