Focus Fanatics Forum banner

FC 4-1 header,FP and Magnaflow-LOUD!

545 Views 10 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  fokuzx3
WOW!!Just put the Focus Central (style)4-1 header with matching flex pipe on my car with the magnaflow "cat" back system.I now have guys on straight pipe Harleys holding their hands over their ears....... it is LOUD!!!! How much louder is this going to get with a blower?(seriously looking at that powerworks one for $3k)
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
27,563 Posts
The blower actually won't really make the exhaust any louder... If the noise bothers you, you can have a resonator installed midstream and take about 30% out of it.

· Registered
1,249 Posts
^^ Double Tru!

I have a magnaflow based system and my exhaust note sounds quieter and meaner (alot less ricey) than the un-resonated (is that a word?) system.

· Registered
3 Posts
I have a borla cat back sans-resonator and Im getting a fs header or something like it soon
is the borla louder or quieter than the magnaflow
how is it gonna sound

That pwsc kit for 2999 is such a great deal, I want to get that soon too

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Don't get me wrong.My exhaust is LOUD,but not tinny or buzzy.It sounds like a Yoshimura exhaust on a liter size motorcycle.I really wasn't expecting that from my Focus.Power is up too.Actually breaks the tires at the top of first now and a 1/2 second squeal outta second.(215/35/18" General UHP's) Can't wait for that blower!!!

· Registered
182 Posts
I have the Focus Sport I/H/F/E and mine is loud as well. I was thinking about the powerworks blower also. Now I have experience with a Jackson Racing SC on a miata. It made the cars exhaust ALOT LOUDER! When installed on a stock exhaust it's fine. But running an aftermarket 2.25 highflow exhaust with a header it was almost unbareable. I had a highflow cat on it as well. My focus is quiet right now compared to my SC miata. I won't drive another car that loud again.

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I put an aftermarket rear exhaust on my Mazdaspeed Miata and the sound level was no different.I suppose the turbo and cat are eating up a lot of the sound.Next week I am planning to replace the downpipe/cat with a straight through 3" pipe.Should spool up faster and spice up the exhaust note.If it was 1/2 as loud as my Foci I would be happy...

· Registered
1,619 Posts
as you can see i have the svt headers,orp, and trubendz exhaust, and it was stupid loud!!! i bought a vibrant ultra quite race resonator. Oh boy did it quite things down a lot. i can now talk to somebody while in the car

· Registered
1,249 Posts
Lapp said:
I have a borla cat back sans-resonator and Im getting a fs header or something like it soon
is the borla louder or quieter than the magnaflow
how is it gonna sound

That pwsc kit for 2999 is such a great deal, I want to get that soon too
It is my understanding that the borla is the quietest of the bunch. With Flow master being the loudest and magnaflow coming in second.

· Registered
32 Posts
According to TruBendz (http://www.trubendz.com/home.asp?producttype=exhaust&productfor=focus_standard&pagetype=productIndex), the Magnaflow is the quietest, Borla is in the middle, and Flowmaster is the loudest. Just click on each type, and TruBendz describes the tone.

I've got a Magnaflow w/ resonator from TruBendz, OBX 4-2-1 shorty, RT high flow cat, and the flex pipe from TruBendz, and it is pretty freaking loud. I can carry on a conversation in my car, but it's typically not using my indoor voice.

· teh tranny killer
3,380 Posts
i have a welded on highflow cat along with my 421 header and stock flex and catback..and the difference b/w my car and gumps (full back magnaflow) is incredible..serioulsy my ears ring when i am behind his car, and mine is just right..i feel your pain

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.