Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to start my collection.

Just wondering where you guys get your diecasts? do you get them online? local stores? chain stores? who has best selection? best prices?

i think i am going to collect 1/24th scales. (pretty good detail, but without the price hike of the 1/18s) dont know what i am going to start with, need to know where to shop first.

thanks for the input.

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
walmart doesnt have anything diecast on their website (unless the call them something else, tried a search, found nothing) maybe im just dumb. i guess i could just walk into the store, but thats hard to do while working.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Check in your local area for some diecast hobby stores. You can also check ebay, Target, Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, KB toys etc happy hunting

·
*~*
13,045 Posts
Wal-Mart, Target, Meijers, Toys R Us, Gas stations, Jewel & anywhere where they sell them. But the best are soemtimes at the malls they have individual stands that sell all die cast models, but they r a bit more. But worth it.

·
*~*
13,045 Posts
Some more advice, always keep the boxes u got your cars in, take pictures of your collection (for dissappearing acts/or damage) clean weekly if u display outside the box. But some people get those display cases and they r better. I don't do that, I ratehr clean them each week and display outside the box. My friend Joe has been collecting 4 years and he taught me all this. He collects big time toys worth $300 and up. Old toys and old cars. He knows his collecting stuff.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
i used to grab them from toys r us as they used to have a full 1/2 isle of 1/18 scale cars...then i ordered them from exoticar.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts