Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Thanks anyway DJ but a little two radical for me and more than I care to spend.

·
Registered
232 Posts
can you now see what i mean when i say wings effect your car? [/B]

So again i say, when did i say it doesnt affect your car. IT DOES.

If your really that uptight about 1mph faster, you need to loosen your pants.

Secondly, over 100000 miles of gas? Rofl, i think he can handle 10 cents a day.

"i just wanted to bring a different view to the table. i guess i did get a little carried away and off topic, and for that i apoloigize, but that tends to happen when you get personally attacked for having a differing opinion."

Different view? Nobody here disagrees that the wing will cause drag and slow his car down. But its also a FACT that we dont have 9 second cars, and that "HEAVY FIBERGLASS" wing isnt going to slow his 16 second car down much or cause much of a difference in gas.

If you dont want to put a small wing/spoiler on your car thats fine, but dont try to make peope think that thier 16 second car will now run 17's with a small wing that barely sticks up off the car. Or they are gonna go from 40mpg to 20. The fact is, his car isnt fast, and that little wing/spoiler wont affect his car at all, and he wont even notice its there until he gets out of the car and looks at it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
HEY BE AWARE

That I am getting tons of emails about how this topic keeps on going, i have it on so I can see if anything useful comes up, not to read this crap, what have we learned that most of us prolly already know if we passed high school

the wing WILL add weight and drag, WOOHOO big news here, ever seen the pikes peak tacoma, it's body kit produces over 2000lbs of downforce while on the mountain which it needs, (if you've ever driven pikes peak it's scary as hell slow let alone at any kinda of speed), that's what wings are good for downforce, which in turn creates drag or friction which you want going anything much over 30 on that mountain, most spoilers are just for looks, yes I'm aware added weight and drag are not good, but I'm not planning anythign wild on my ride, but personally I like that wing, but not enough to buy one, I'd rather spend 2 bills on and saving money over time is good, but money is meant to be spent..if yoiu can afford to buy one you can afford the marginal loss of fuel economy....

in the end it comes down to what each of us likes, I gave my opinion on the wing and shown some info, not much else, nothing to argue over I say....

to each his/her own

time for bed[8D]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Why doesnt focus make 12" rims I need to save on the gas mileage and my 16"s are just not cutting it. maybe I should remove my air conditioning yeah yeah thats what ill do and take my hood off and the rest of the sheet metal while Im at it. I can remove all my seats and install milk cartons. And lets shut off three of those cylinders while im at it. Im now ripping off that catalytic converter and the rest of the exhaust system. Dont need a radio. Taking out my moonroof and the motor for it. Windows I dont need no stickin windows. Doors there just too heavy. Oh yeah and last but not least who threw this heavy a$$ engine in my car????? what were these dumb a$$es thinking dont they know thats gonna cost me gas mileage. Ok well I think Im finally done[8]

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I believe this thread needs to be killed........people have far too much time on their hands.
Me, I'm going back to my room, I think I heard that nice orderly say it was time for my medicine or shock therapy I can't remember which.

And to think all I wanted was where to find a fatty spoiler....hmmmmmmmmmmmm[8]

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
to those of you still attacking me with scorn and sarcasim,
i said i was finished. i made my apology. you need to grow up.
i have an opinion that is differnt then yours, and that is my right. i do not believe i need to be mocked simply because of my opinion.

i attempted to have an intelligent discussion, but i guess that was simply to much to ask.

as i have said i am finished with this nonesense.
i will not check this thread again, so dont bother replying to me

to all of you who were interested in what the thread was actually about. i will now leave you alone with your fatty spoiler, enjoy.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sorry but repeating what i said to me, and trying to tell 9 out of 10 people that a spoiler will slow your car down isnt intelligence.

While you werent wrong in saying it slows the car down, its not completely correct either. In a slow car like the focus you wont notice ANY drag at all, its so minimal that you cant tell. Thats why you were wrong. Nothing more than that.

On a fast car, yes it will slow you down, however, you can side step that by losing extra weight like stereo etc, AND its meant to create downforce to keep your rearend down on the roard for better traction and less slipping.

·
Registered
613 Posts
HaaHaHa

HaaHaHa, this is funny, let's not turn this into the altima.net brake post ok, HaaHaHa

41 - 49 of 49 Posts