Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ZX5 came with the OEM spoiler which is better than none but I would rather
replace it with another. The one I am looking for I believe I saw somewhere and it was
refered to as a "fatty spoiler". I've done a search and come up with nothing..
anyone know what I am referring to and where I might find one or a good source for
differrent spoiler styles?????[???:)] [confused]

·
Registered
613 Posts
Check Ebay, I've seen lots on there even factory paint matched as well....
under 250$ i believe

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Take Kyllgore advice. Ebay does have the spoiler you are referring to for under 250. If you don't want those then check Steeda as they offer 3 different types of spoiler styles.

·
Registered
123 Posts

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
pretty sure theyre the same, on the ebay add theres even a steeda focus in the pic

·
Registered
597 Posts
yup, noticed that too; but like Lil PZEV said, the one on ebay comes painted for 199$; the one on steeda is 189.95$ and needs to be painted!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
You could pretty much lay that line on anyone. Wings west and Cervini doesn't come painted either. Ebay is the way to go for already painted parts at a cheaper price

·
Registered
597 Posts
^^^ couldn't agree more; why bother painting it when it already is with a factory matching color!! it sure will cost much more than 10$ to paint the steeda one

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey, I should have known it would be easier than I was making it. Thanks for the help everyone[thumb]

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
how many extra HP you get with that thing?

dont add usless weight to your car

just my own opinion

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Speed is in the eye of the beholder. I'll bet that spoiler weighs alot less than a bunch of amps, subs, boxes and super-dooper speakers and a whole lot less than a full body kit.

Last I heard a spoiler added 37.5WHP, full body kit a close second at 35.4WHP and stereo system only added 15.2WHP[clap] [wave]

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
Focusedat50 said:
Speed is in the eye of the beholder
so your saying that if there were two identical cars (the only differnce being one with a spoiler, one without) with two identical drivers, the car with the spoiler wins?

i dont think that is how it works.

not only does a spoiler add weight, it also adds drag (which is what real spoilers are designed for) so this drag decreases aerodynamics, which decreases top speed, acceleration, and gas milage.

all this for a useless, good looking piece of plastic?

spoilers wont even help with handling unless your car is doing about 100 mph, and then it will only help if it is tuned exactly for your car. which i am sure that aftermarket spoiler is not. i doubt the factory spoiler is either.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Whooooaaaaaaaaaa Urn, chill out man. I never said anything about a car with a spoiler winning anything, where did that come from. [confused]

Look, I am about to have every bolt-on that I care to add to my vehicle and I am not sure if I am going the cam route or not. I don't race, and in addition to improving the performance of my daily driver I am also wanting to improve the looks as well, just like adding custom wheels or a body kit. Useless, not in my opinion...extra weight, maybe what a few pounds hardly enough to notice or have any impact on my cars performance.

I would say, based on no scientific evidence at all, that 95% of all the daily drivers on the road today that have a spoiler get absolutely little nothing from it. If I was worried about weight, I would be ripping out the back seat, carpet and most anything else not essential to the performance of the car. I understand your comment and appreciate your opinion. "Speed is in the eye of the beholder" that refers to me. It means that if I have this however misguided feeling of performance then whether it is real or not is of no concern.[burnout] [cheers]

·
Registered
597 Posts
so crazy_urn, last time i checked, the focus wasn't a race car; so the few pounds a wing would add won't affect the handling nor the speed of your car one little bit!!

·
Registered
613 Posts
don't forget the "POWERED BY FORD/ZETEC" decal need all the whp you can get

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
hey, where can i find the wing in focus zx5's avatar?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts