Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fast and furious exhaust?

i want my car to sound like one of the cars off the fast and the furious. what should i tell the muffler shop guy to do to make it sound good like the movie?

·
Registered
433 Posts
you serious foo?? Did you really just ask that?......well yer prolly gonna get tons of crap fer askin that, but simply put--a cat-back exhaust made for your car. I also assume or hope yer talkin bout the nice sounding cars as in not ricey that are in those movies. You could do a custom exhaust which would work fine and unless you're afraid of getting embarassed in public, just tell him that and I'm sure he'll make it work lol. If yer looking fer a cheap mod a muffler delete would work fine too.

·
Registered
759 Posts
make sure to add plenty of vynal and decals to maximize the effect of the fart can....[hihi]

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Wow, I know your new but man for the safety of your self and others around you never refer to F&F movie for possible car modifications. LOL

Any way, for the SPI motor you will be BEST with the BORLA catback from www.trubendz.com That is a cheap place with quality products, I had magnaflow on my last focus (SPI as well) and it sounded good until I added a race header and then it sounded like a crop duster.

DO NOT get a muffler from autozone or any other canister slinging crap holes, you will see NO performance gains and it will be a waste of money.

Jon

·
Registered
407 Posts
dannybohhy said:
make sure to add plenty of vynal and decals to maximize the effect of the fart can....[hihi]
lol i tryed to add a magnaflow decal and i wasnt paying attention so i put it on backwards:( so i lost 5 hp

i like when the skyline is on the supras a-hole, the exhaust there is a big-ol fart can

·
Registered
407 Posts
special k 608 said:
i think we made him cry
please dont do custom exhaust, please dont add a tip, get a borla or something name brand. Dont be cheap because if you want your car to look nice, be willing to part with the $$$$.dont add vinal it only adds alittle hp

i personally have magnaflow and i reallly like the sound, low but when i open her up anyone can hear it

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Custom exhaust can be just as good as a borla, magnaflow, mbrp, or any other name brand. All depends on the people ya get to do it and the kind of parts they use.

good luck [thumb]

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
the only time I heard a good exhaust with a can was at a drift tv show, and lord only knows how much that exhaust cost.

but it sounded sooooo good each RPM as it reved was like a different note, it was so beautifuly musical.

please dont tell me we scared him off, come back!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
484 Posts
as soon as i read his question i knew what was to come...but we do start somewhere.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
yeah they use a combination of propane and some different chemicals used in fireworks to get different colours.

its a cool set up but you have to throw a bunch of lines,wires, and propane tanks in your trunk?

Logan

·
Registered
407 Posts
Logan175 said:
yeah they use a combination of propane and some different chemicals used in fireworks to get different colours.

its a cool set up but you have to throw a bunch of lines,wires, and propane tanks in your trunk?

Logan

cant they also tap a spark plug into the exhaust to make flames come out? or is that on older cars

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
doesnt he know that every car has a different sound, i dont remember seeing any Focus in those F&F car show movies. on ebay they have exhaust sounds that you can buy for you car, maybe someone can do a record of their exhaust and burn it to a cd so he can blast it with the windows down.

·
Registered
538 Posts
LOL, or maybe he can get an exhaust fan.... I saw one on a 05 civic on the highway last week. It literally had a fan in the tip so it would sound like it was boosted!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
madmark10 said:
cant they also tap a spark plug into the exhaust to make flames come out? or is that on older cars
yep, It was on the show TRUCKS, he had a kit from auto look, you put in a chip/plug that tell the computer to let the air and gas into the exhaust port and once it fill the piped you press the button lighting the spark plug and out fire comes.
But with that set up u cant run a CAT., because the gasoline comes from the engine.

But in 2F2F, they had propane tanks in the trunk so they skipped the cat and it just shot out the back, all you need is a coil come spark plugs plus the kit.

I cant find the picture on the net but theres pics on the dvd of the propane tanks in the trunks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.