Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 zx3 and i have a full catback "with catylitic converter" but i do not have a new header...yet, i was just wondering if i get a new header that will delete my catyliltic converter will my nice sounding exhaust turn into a fart can.

sorry if this is an obvious question but im not to mechaniclly inclined yet

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
some might not term it fart can, but yes, it gets very obnoxious. Not my taste. If you get SVT header and SVT to Zetec cat, it will sound better than just a long tube.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
depends on your exhaust... i have svt header. rt hfc and mbrp exhaust and mine is loud... very deep down low. Lil raspy if you get on it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
focus sport cat-back with svt header and orp sounds great, deep tone all the way up the rpm range

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
No, it will not, It will make ur low end sound mean, but ur top end can get raspy. but by no means like a ricer fart can!! though it does depend on ur mods, I have a NA build, so it doesn't sound bad, don't know about just boltons

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the svt header and high-flow cat with the svt borla exhaust and mine has a nice deep tone through the rpm range. The key with the svt exhaust over the regular focus exhaust is it has an extra resonator that keeps it from sounding poorly.

·
anti svt
2,731 Posts
i have a svt mbrp svt header and orp. gets raspy from 3-4000 and thats it before and after that it sounds really good. idle sounds like a v6 even lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
i have a svt mbrp svt header and orp. gets raspy from 3-4000 and thats it before and after that it sounds really good. idle sounds like a v6 even lol
Yeah i love how a focus with good exhaust has that deep idle and it sounds so awesome when you let it coast down a hill in a high gear so it gets that really low back fire like the mustangs have.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
I also have the SVT Header and R/T Hi-Flow cat with a now resonated Magnaflow Exhaust. Before i resonated it, it sounded like a can of Pissed Off Bee's headin your way at WOT. Didn't sound bad just cruising or anything, but once you got on it, it sounded like complete crap. If you do plan on getting a header, make sure you get a Resonated or SVT Style exhaust (you will need a bigger flex pipe if you get the SVT Versions). I didn't when i bought mine and i paid the price down the road. I paid over what it would have cost to buy the Resonated or SVT Version. Plan wisely.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
i have a borla exhaust with a extra resinator and its almost complete stock sound until i need the power.....

just costume your set up.... my resinator isn't no name brand but dam, it works like a charm!

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
screw it, combo it together... i got a magnaflow HFC... and its going on wit hte svt headers, and if its to loud, im throw on a bigger or a 2nd res... haah

·
Registered
62 Posts
i have an 01 zx3 and have the 2.25 magnaflow cat back exhaust and when i put my 4-2-1 header on i got really upset because i thought it was obnoxiously loud and i was pissed because the exhaust cost me so much and now it sounded like shit when it sounded great before.... but since the header deleted my cat, all i had on was the muffler, no resignator so i went to my local performance shop and got a magnaflow high flow cat for 75 bucks and they welded it into my mid pipe and it took me alot to do that because i really didnt want to chop my 450 dollar exhaust but it was deffinatly worth it and sounds great now and picking up more performance gains since i got ride of that shitty stock cat......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts