Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I will miss this place tremendously. There are no other car forums that can live up to Focus Fanatics. You guys are a GREAT bunch of peeps. Silverpony has been extremely helpful and will miss his advise.

After four tranny services, I decided to trade in my car. I purchased a 2015 Ford Fusion with 1.5 ecoboost. I kinda regret not choosing the 2.0 but I always have my Stangs to have fun with. I do not feel it is underpowered at all.

Its funny, I picked up the Focus on Friday and it drove well. On Saturday, on the way to trade it in , the car drove the best it has ever done in 30,000 miles. However, it was time for my baby to have another owner. I wish them happy cruising.

Been am awesome three years! [ffrocks]

P.S. Thank you for all your assistance Meagan!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
[cheers]

Enjoy the Fusion & stop back in for more fun.

Tell us all about it over in Focus & General Chat.

Fusion forums just can't be the same....

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hello All,

I will miss this place tremendously. There are no other car forums that can live up to Focus Fanatics. You guys are a GREAT bunch of peeps. Silverpony has been extremely helpful and will miss his advise.

After four tranny services, I decided to trade in my car. I purchased a 2015 Ford Fusion with 1.5 ecoboost. I kinda regret not choosing the 2.0 but I always have my Stangs to have fun with. I do not feel it is underpowered at all.

Its funny, I picked up the Focus on Friday and it drove well. On Saturday, on the way to trade it in , the car drove the best it has ever done in 30,000 miles. However, it was time for my baby to have another owner. I wish them happy cruising.

You're more than welcome! I'm not on any regular Fusion forums (I'm on a hybrid and an Energi, though), but I know there's one that we are on. Hopefully you find your way over to that one and one of the many 'Stang forums we're on. :D Don't forget, you can always find us on Twitter, too.

Meagan

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hello All,

I think the Fusion forums get a lot less traffic than here. Probably because the age group here is a lot younger and more people doing modifications...

·
Infidel
3,307 Posts
I think the Fusion forums get a lot less traffic than here. Probably because the age group here is a lot younger and more people doing modifications...
Hey! Speak for yourself! There are quite a few of us here that are well over 40.

Dad burn young whipper snappers anyway.....

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hey! Speak for yourself! There are quite a few of us here that are well over 40.

Dad burn young whipper snappers anyway.....
Haha, nothing wrong with age! It brings experience. I've been trying to find a Fusion forum with as much traffic as this one, but have had no luck.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope Fusion forums are dead

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
No need to leave, we love all cars and lots of folks have bought different cars but have stayed due to the atmosphere the forum has. So please stick around and let us know how you like the Fusion, and answer a few questions like... So you really don't feel it's down on power using the 1.5l ecoboost? Any lag off idle? Just a few questions I have lol

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all. Yep the Fusion Sites are far and few between.

1.5. I don't really feel its under powered. Turbo lag? I do not have a boost gauge to even tell me it...well...boosted lol. I like when my stangs gauge hits 18 and whooshhhh.You pop the hood and it does look "dinky" in the Stang too.

I do regret not getting the titanium with the 2.0 but it was three grand more or so... Sucks about Fusion forums. Lots of questions, nobody around to answer.

I really have not got on it as its still in breaking-in time. 200 miles in. Averaging 28mpg.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Thank you all. Yep the Fusion Sites are far and few between.

1.5. I don't really feel its under powered. Turbo lag? I do not have a boost gauge to even tell me it...well...boosted lol. I like when my stangs gauge hits 18 and whooshhhh.You pop the hood and it does look "dinky" in the Stang too.

I do regret not getting the titanium with the 2.0 but it was three grand more or so... Sucks about Fusion forums. Lots of questions, nobody around to answer.

I really have not got on it as its still in breaking-in time. 200 miles in. Averaging 28mpg.
First mod, boost gauge? Nice cold air kit so you can hear it?

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Do they not offer the 1.6 turbo in the Fusion anymore? i remember them having that when i was looking at them last year? How much HP do the 1.5's have?

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Do they not offer the 1.6 turbo in the Fusion anymore? i remember them having that when i was looking at them last year? How much HP do the 1.5's have?
The 1.6L is being phased out entirely in favor of the 1.5L EcoBoost. It's been deleted from the Fusion since 2014 with exception of the manual transmission model, and now completely for 2015 and beyond.

The only US models that still have it are the Escape, and the Fiesta ST.

The 1.6L EcoBoost is built at Bridgend Engine Assembly, in Bridgend, Wales, U.K., the 1.5L is built in Romania, and the 1.5L helps to get around taxes in Asia and Europe where they tax based on displacement and emissions.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Same hp slightly less torque. 177 vs 184. Not exactly sure why ford put two engines that are so similar in this car.

·
Registered
763 Posts
The 1.6L is being phased out entirely in favor of the 1.5L EcoBoost. It's been deleted from the Fusion since 2014 with exception of the manual transmission model, and now completely for 2015 and beyond.

The 1.6L EcoBoost is built at Bridgend Engine Assembly, in Bridgend, Wales, U.K., the 1.5L is built in Romania, and the 1.5L helps to get around taxes in Asia and Europe where they tax based on displacement and emissions.
And now I know. .. :p

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts

i'm pretty sure you know everything. [pray][pray]

Reactions: PratoN

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I goes voom when it starts. I am happy :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts