Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having problems with my cooling fans. They do not turn on at all while driving or idleing. They come on if the AC is on, and they also turn on if I unplug the high temp sensor, but thats the only time.
Also, I am having trouble with coolant boiling in the resevoir when I turn the car off. It doesn't boil when the car is running only a couple minutes after I turn the car off. By the way, the car is not overheating, it's running at normal operating temps. It has new thermostat...about a month ago.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
314 Posts
its your fan resistor. $50 at the ford dealership

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Well be thankful it's not blowing out anywhere. First off, you're going to need to inspect the fan wiring harness and the fan resistor. Sometimes both are damaged due to heat from the exhaust manifold.

The boiling thing worries me. It might be time for a new coolant reservoir cap. Pressure should keep it from boiling. I'd inspect the reservoir cap to make sure it's seal is still intact and not cracked. Replace if damaged.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I would first check the cap. That's all I can think of. I would say the thermostat staying closed but you said it wasn't overheating.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts