are you sure you need to replace it? usually leaves get stuck in blower motors making a noise, and gets worse the faster you put the speed.
I havent done one on a focus but usually their pretty straight forward.
I had the same problem. The fix is relatively easy. Open the glove box and remove the hinge screws, This will give you access to the blower motor. Disconnect the electrical plug to it and then undo the three screws. The bearings are sealed but with care and a little lubrication sprayed sparingly into each end the problem is corrected. I would recommend using G-96 lubricant (available at gunshops) instead of the ubiquitous WD 40 as it does not freeze up at -30c. I would also recommend purchasing a Haynes manual, it shows this and many other procedures listed in these forums. Well worth the money.
I removed and cleaned the fan using brake cleaner to remove some built up dust etc, then I lubricated as suggested above. I sprayed some good penetrating lube first, then pushed some moly grease (it was available) in too, then added some more penetrating lube to help disperse the grease. So far so good, I've had some cool mornings and the fan has yet to squeak. We'll see how well it holds out in winter.
I was completely confused by all this, looking to get the motor out through the glovebox.
After searchingn for aaageas and actually paying someone, I now have diagrams which I shall share with y'all!
Firstly go into the glovebox. Push the sides of the glovebox in, each side at a time to give the rubber bungs clearance. On the left there is a little black piece of plastic like a hinge, push this to the right and it will undo. Then drop the box right down. Remove the screw directly facing you, you can see the top of this part here
Then remove the felt like panel that is UNDER the glovebox, there is one row of 3 phillips screws, ignore these completely. Look lower. There are actually 3 phillips scrivets (screws and rivet combo) here. Carefully undo the screws - if you push too hard they will go back in - then pull them out with their housing.
You get under the blower this way. Then undo the three phillips screws from underneath, one on each side and one at the back.
And bobs your uncle. There is a grey clip on the electrical connector, push it towards the connector and pull.
This is a great help. My problem is different as I live in the country and I had a mouse eat through the plastic grid that is supposed to keep foreign objects out. The mouse died and the stench is nasty. Fixed the intake by attaching 1/2 hardware cloth. Hopefully that will dissuade any critter from chewing their way in again. (Also removed a massive nest)
BTW. 2000 SE with 265K miles. Also, forgot about the timing belt the first time. It only lasted 198K miles. Still getting about 30 MPG in the summer and about 28 MPG in the winter. Only real problem is lack of power. I doubt I can claim 90 HP any more. Too bad they no longer make the SE. Nice little car for commuting.
Here's my 2 cents worth. NAPA sells a Chain and Cable Lube sold under a can # Macs 1370. It's pricey, but you use very little to get the squeaks out. I've had a can now for a yr. and still got more in the can. Cost about 8-9 American bucks. Goes a long way.
And no I ain't a NAPA dealer! lol.
Mine was squeaking too so I pulled it out and vacuumed it up and lubed it and it stopped squeaking. There were definitely some leaves in there. While I was at it I installed a cabin air filter so that I wouldn't have to worry about leaves any more.
I used tri flow lube for it because that is what I had around and I use it on bikes to good effect. Pretty much any good lube will work (WD40 is not a lubricant).