Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I had my Spec stg3 clutch and lightweight flywheel pkg installed I get a loud rattle. When I push in the clutch pedal the noise goes away. From my research it could be one of three things: I am hearing a lot more noise because I no longer have the dual mass flywheel, or the throw out bearing is bad...or everything was installed wrong. So can you guys watch the vid and help a brotha out?
http://static.photobucket.com/playe...ucket.com/albums/g472/joshuasvt/VIDEO0012.mp4

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
SVTF are known for this and the aftermarket parts make louder

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
could be the Loud Clatter of the lightweight flywheel.

-Ray-

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mine has been doing that since I bought it 3 1/2 years ago. At first I thought it was the clutch going bad because it got quieter when I pushed int he clutch pedal, but the clutch works fine and I've put nearly 40k miles on it. I bought it with 55-60k miles and now it's at 98k, still making that same sound. I think a lot of it is the heat shield under there and maybe it just doesn't rattle as much when the clutch is in.

I know that's not much help, but I'm curious to hear what other more knowlegeable people say. Mine is still going strong though, so I just stopped worrying about it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
could be the Loud Clatter of the lightweight flywheel.

-Ray-
This is my guess as well and it's prolly due to the after market flywheel (some even have disclaimers about additional noise after install/break-in), normally a throw out bearing would make noise when the clutch pedal is pushed in... that was my case back with my first car a Ford probe (yeah yeah yeah laugh all you want!)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so i had it backwards then...well it hasn't hurt anything over the past year...its just annoying haha. Thanks guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts