Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone riding now or in the past on these brands of tires? Really have no experience
with either one so wondering good, bad? Noise, performance?

Other brand suggestions for 205/50/16's?

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
go with the yok's, definitely. :) either that, or a nice set of toyo proxes fz4's.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
i have proxie fz4 they are pretty good, gets squirrely like a mug in snow tho, arent much of an all season tire tho :) there are a lot of falken treads i like though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Depends on what you want to pay. Falken's are a nice tire, especially for the price you get a lot. Actually, the traction and temp ratings are the same on most of the tires of both brands. Some just feel better. If you want a good all season performance tire, I can get Falken Visa VK-40G's for around $300 shipped, that's for 17's. That's what I am getting for this winter. If you want to pay a little more, and want all season, get Continental Contiextremecontacts. I hear there are a lot of guys running them and they are pretty much unbeatable.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was looking at the Falken ZE-512's in a 205/50/16. They are an all season tire
which I need and are rated #1 in a consumer guide. Where are you getting yours
from? $336 shipped was the best I could find. I was also debating on whether I should go with the 50/16 or 45/16 ....my car is lowered 1.5" and I'm not sure if the 50's will be a problem.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
If snow isn't a problem by you, Falken FK-451s are amazing. The stick like mad in the dry and wet.

With 1.5" drop, 205/50-16s are fine. I've been running that for a couple of years.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats the problem...we get snow and as I don't have a winter beater I have to rely on these to get me around all year. Unfortunately, I need the kind-of-a performance tire combined with kind-of-a all season tire.

Thanks for the input on the 205/50's think that is what I will go with then.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah, you would for sure be ok w/ 205/50's. There are guys running 215/45/17's on 1.5" drops. I would go w/ the 512's or the VK-50g. The VK-50's are like the VK-40's that I'm getting, same tread, sizes are the only difference. I can get you the VK's for the same price. Specifics are the same too: Temp. A, Treadwear 360, Traction A. Just depends on which you like best. Here's a link to the VK's. You may have to copy and paste it to your browser.

http://www.splittingimagez.com/tiresvisa.htm

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
just got a set of falken ziex ze-512's (215/35) on my wheels. so far so good. great dry traction. i have yet to push it in the rain to see how well it'll handle, but yeah, so far so good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts