Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My focus would sometimes not go into reverse properly, and when releasing the clutch, would make a slight grinding sound.

But a couple of days ago, somethng else has started happening. Sometimes when I put it into reverse, it makes a fairly loud clunking sound.

Does anyone have any idea of what could be wrong, and whether it'll be a really expensive fix?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Sounds like the dogbone mount (lower torque mount). Sometimes debris gets stuck around them. Other times they just go bad.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. :)

To clarify, it doesn't make a clunking noise while I'm reversing, it just makes the noise when I actually shift the stick into reverse.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
That's usually the only time it'll happen. Mine did the same thing and it was full of debris. I just cleaned around the large round area. I ended up replacing it after awhile. The rubber was just too worn out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's usually the only time it'll happen. Mine did the same thing and it was full of debris. I just cleaned around the large round area. I ended up replacing it after awhile. The rubber was just too worn out.
Thanks mate. I'll have a look at the dogbone mount tomorrow (as it's night in the UK now). [:)]

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Was this the issue? Same thing is happening to my parent's ZX5. I'll check it out when I get home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts