Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals-

Ever since I got my Focus zx3 5 speed brand new a few weeks ago I have noticed fairly commonly (Maybe once every other day or two) that when I go to start the vehicle it takes a LONG time to turn over, or fails all together.

The battery is good, brand new... and it starts up on my second attempt.

Anyone else familar with this problem? anything I can suggest at the dealer for them to look at? It's awfully embarassing trying to start your brand new car and having it not turn over... and it makes Ford look bad. I'm a die-hard Ford fan, so I want to get this taken care of so I can represent! [8D]

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
a little more onfo would help...what kinda sound? A Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrr? bad starter...any codes?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It just keeps ticking like it's trying to start but not getting gas.

And I don't have any CEL so I don't think it's throwing codes

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
sounds like a dead battery...any other info?...sounds?

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
You guys cant tell he is having the standard duratec hard start issue?

Anyway, most of us have that problem the first thing is when you go to get in the car turn the key to the ON position but don't start it yet. Wait until you see the mileage pop up. Also what I do and it works 9 out of 10 times, before you start the car put the pedal to the floor a few times and then let off and start the car. It almost seems to be a sticky throttle problem.

Try that and if it does not work you can go to the dealer and let them re-flash the PC, its a TSB so its free since its warranty issue. I had it done and it did not stop until I started hitting the gas before start up

·
Registered
95 Posts
i had a similar clicking sound but i just disconnected the battery for about 30 mins then hooked her back up and then it started right up

·
Registered
90 Posts
yeah my crappy Focus does it once in awhile for no reason at all. turns over for a year before it starts. Even when it was only weeks old it was doing that. I told Ford to fix it but they ignored it or forgot or something.

Jake

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had the same problem I took it to Ford and they Re-flash My computer and has only been doing it once in a while like every other month

·
Registered
869 Posts
polar said:
yeah, that takes forever!!! that page is still on going. i've still got this problem, taking it to ford (i've taken it there at least a dozen times) gets you nowhere, due to it being somthing "that never happens" when it's in the shop. i just took the "fucus" to the shop yesterday (pulsating brakes 26,000 miles), and as they pulled up to give it back it was making a clicking noise. i got the mechanic out and he said it's a belt or pully that needs to be replaced.... ANYWHO, i'm sorry to hear --->Lumadar<---- i'm really sorry to hear that your a die hard FORD fan, i'll never buy another one after my first new car experiece has been nothing other then a stressfull embarassing one. P.S. does anyone know where i can get the calvin peeing on the FORD symbol???[8]

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have experienced this maybe once a month or so. but it usually only happends after I was done driving and made a quick run into a store, and the motor was still warm, so i never really thought about it, as it usually starts up on the second try.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts