Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went in to get my car inspected this weekend and they couldn't do the emissions portion because they said the computer had recently been reset. The check engine light has not come on and my battery has never been dead or disconnected. Does the Focus computer randomly reset itself from time to time? I bought this car last year and I don't know what the previous owner had done to it. It has been lowered and there is a Magna Flow catback exhaust, but nothing done up front as far as I can tell. I'm taking it in this weekend to get it re-tested but if someone has experienced something similar I could use the advice. Thanks

·
Registered
3,263 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I think you're going through what I went through last May. For my emissions testing they hook up a plug to the computer and then read what ever shows up on their screen. They told me their computer couldn't read everything and was rejected. I went to a certified emissions mechanic and it was because of unplugging the battery a couple from when I was messing with my air intake (I know you said you haven't unplugged anything but who knows what the previous driver did if you bought used). $158 later and I was fine.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
you need to complete a drive cycle. Or just drive normally for a few days doing the normal things... driving a constant speed for a while. Do some stop and go traffic. Do some quick acceleration attempts. Mine took a few days of normal driving for the car to be ok to be put back on the computer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts