Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kwood excelon 2 channel runnig two excelon dvc 10s. They are pretty dang insane i love them but lately at night ive noticed them fading to the beat even though i have a 1 farad cap. Could my battery be going bad? Most of my trips are short and the bass is always pounding so i suspect that my batt isnt getting the charge it needs. My car has about 45k on it im the second owner so im not sure if its the same battery as the original. What kind of battery is the original. Mabye i should just replace it. Input would be helpfull.

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
here's the arguement about caps: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2133&highlight=cap+drain

i stand firmly on my opinion taht it is not worth the money to get a cap because the results would most likely not solve your problems. before you do anything, buy some 4 gauge wires and connectors from www.thezeb.com, free shipping, or www.partsexpress.com, or www.sounddomain.com, or www.knukonceptz.com and upgrade your alt to positive post, negative post ot chassis, and engine block to chassis (this one you don't really need 4 gauge, 8 is plenty), leave the stock wiring but just add these on. if this doens't solve your problems then go to pep boys or somewhere wher you can have your battery tested. it might be a good idea to have your alt tested too.

- Scott

·
Registered
34 Posts
Caps life spans are about 6 months. Dimming lights is not a huge problem anyway, unless it's major. Cap will let your lights suck off it if they need it so it's not just being used for your stereo. Only thing to keep lights from dimming is upgrading all of your wires (the BIG 3 upgrade as some call it) or gettig a higher amp alternator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts