Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

my front bumper is really starting to get faded. When I wax it, it looks a lot better but it doesn't last long ( probably cheap wax!!) If I clay barred it would it fix anything? Also the lower panel wich runs along the doors is getting faded too. The rest of the car looks good!

I'll try to post a few pics to show you guys what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
looks to be nothing more than rock chips or damage from daily driving. Clay barring may help alittle but not to much. Not really much you can do for a permanent fix other than repainting. Im in the same boat, plus i have a couple cracks from having it towed.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yeah... i'm in the same boat for my hood. It's like crow's foot city on the darn thing... and it's faded and chipped all to heck, but eh. My car has 100k miles on it. What do you expect?

Just gives me an excuse to buy a CF hood [thumb]

Maybe you should take the opportunity to buy a nice aftermarket bumper!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ratz so I'm pretty much out of luck!

There are quite a few rock chips but it's also faded.

Thanks anyways

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can try wetsanding with 1500 and buffing it out, but it is really difficult in the cracks and creases. Your only real solution is to repaint it with all those corners.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The focus doesnt have a good enought paint to wetsand. I dont even have enought clearcoat to buff out scratches. My engine bay is bearly even black. Thats what happens when you buy a Ford.

·
Registered
139 Posts
You can wet sand your car I seen it done. But your bumper is in bad shape. Try some polish like Mothers that should bring your paint up. Then put some wax over it to protect it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts