Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple months back when I pulled a tach cluster out of a car in a parts yard, I didn't realize until later (plus was the only 05-07 tach cluster between the 5 or 6 yards I went to) that the orange lettering for the kmh and temperature hot markings were a bit faded as the car was missing the drivers door and facing north in the yard so getting late morning to early evening sun beating down on it (got to love UV fading). Has anybody tried to fix this before, and if so how did you do it? I was thinking using an orange Sharpie® marker figuring it would be transparent allowing light to go through, and hopefully pretty close to the stock orange coloring of those markings.

Granted it is a relatively minor thing all told, but would be something nice to get taken care of as I do have to look at the cluster all day. A bit cheaper than buying another cluster, and less work as I shouldn't have to need to realign the cluster needles again.

·
Breathing. Alive?
3,108 Posts
You could buy a new cluster face if you'd like. They run for around $15-100 depending on where you get them. I found a $12 one on eBay once but did not have a use for it. The sharpie could work unless the background is faded as well and keeps the light from showing through.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts