Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the factory % is on the windows? Also If anyone has pics of what their tinted rides look like that would be awesome...

Looking into getting mine done but unsure about what the %s look like in real world.

·
Adam
2,303 Posts
35 is pretty light in direct sun, very sunny today, and you're in Fl, maybe consider 20% as your minimum. (15 or 5 might be ideal for the sides at least)

·
Registered
55 Posts
All "clear" factory automotive glass these days has a slight tint to it. It's usually 70-75%.

This is my car with 30% front and 5% rear tint. I'd like to add another layer of 30% to all the rear windows.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow... I love the way that looks. How is the 5% rear window at night though?

Not sure what you mean by adding another 30% to the rear? You mean get rid of the 5%?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wow... I love the way that looks. How is the 5% rear window at night though?
I've been driving with dark tint on all my vehicles since the '90s. Tint is always the first thing I do when I buy a car. I had my Focus tinted within 2 days of purchasing it. I used to have at least 5% all around (except windshields) on all my vehicles until the tickets got too expensive. For me, night vision with 5% is no problem.

Not sure what you mean by adding another 30% to the rear? You mean get rid of the 5%?
No. I mean adding a layer of 30% on top of the 5% to make it even darker (1.5%). My previous car (Cadillac CTS) I had tinted this way and it was perfect for me. The rear windows of my Suburban have 5% on top of the factory 20% (1%). Nobody is going to see in the back of that thing.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've been driving with dark tint on all my vehicles since the '90s. Tint is always the first thing I do when I buy a car. I had my Focus tinted within 2 days of purchasing it. I used to have at least 5% all around (except windshields) on all my vehicles until the tickets got too expensive. For me, night vision with 5% is no problem.

No. I mean adding a layer of 30% on top of the 5% to make it even darker (1.5%). My previous car (Cadillac CTS) I had tinted this way and it was perfect for me. The rear windows of my Suburban have 5% on top of the factory 20% (1%). Nobody is going to see in the back of that thing.
if nobody can see in, can you see out? lol

·
Infidel
3,307 Posts
Anyone know what the factory % is on the windows? Also If anyone has pics of what their tinted rides look like that would be awesome...

Looking into getting mine done but unsure about what the %s look like in real world.
Standard factory windows allow 70% of light through. Also, tint laws vary from state to state. Enforcement in each state varies as well.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
I have 35% in the front and 20% in the rear (legal limits for KY). Personally I would go with 20% all around.

Attachments

·
Infidel
3,307 Posts
Oh BTW, 20% tint:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I like that 20% wouldn't mind a tad but darker tho but I do like that looks clean and refreshing.. Mine just looks like I'm a creeper haha

1 - 20 of 22 Posts