Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many 2005 to 2007 Focus came with the factory trunk mounted sub but WITHOUT the Sony Audophile sound system?

My 2005 Focus ST was factory ordered with a few otions but with the standard (2005 only) six disk CD in dash changer. The car was delivered from the dealer with the factory trunk mounted subwoofer installed. It also has the different more powerful main 12V battery that is speciifed with the Sony Audophile system instead of the standard battery. Thinking it could be an Audophile system installed instead, a Forum member kindly ran the VIN for me, but it came up non-Audiophile. But the fact remains, I still have an ST with a factory subwoofer that was not on the factory order.

How could the factory install such a hybrid system? How could they configure and build my car with the wrong components? Does anyone else have this setup?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
They didn't come without the Audiophile package. Hooking up one of the stock subs requires the Audiophile head or aftermarket head. Either way, unless you have the cable in the trunk to connect the sub, you will need a line-out converter or some other such device to hook it up.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mpsii,

Thanks for answering one of my questions. I wondered how the sub could be hooked up without the Audophile head unit. But since my car shipped from the Wayne Miochigan plant with an original equipment subwoofer how did the factory hook up the sub? I don't think they have extra components sitting around there. My car has no Audophile head unit and no aftermarket head unit. Where would the factory get a line out converter to mate the standard haed unit to the sub? The VIN as decoded by the Ford (Oasis?) database did not show I had the Audiophile. The speakers in the door do not say Sony. What gives?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Pull the carpet down on the driver's side of your trunk and see if the amp is plugged into a white harness attachment right behind the wheel well. I want to put an audiophile system in my '05 ST and I am wondering if that is the connection. That would answer both our questions.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
the newer 05-07 cars have the audiophile plug for the harness on the back of the hu as long as its not the single cd player, i think

it was only the oo-04 that needed the blaubunkt 9006 to get the sub. heck eve ntghe 2008-09 has the wiring back there regardless. and i'm sure they have it plugged in. they just deny you the sub/amp part.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Cool, thanks guys. Is that harness just for the signal, or does it also contain the power and ground?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
My ST does have a five conductor, two red, two white and a green set of wires running from the interior to the back of the silver amp mounted on top of the sub in the trunk. Then a white four conductor wire with black, gray, blue and (white) stripes runs from the amp to the sub speaker. Since I do not see any other wires connecting to the amp I would assume the inbound harness also contains power and ground. The sub enclosure is a plastic box mounted with a bracket to the trunk sidewall behind the wheelwell. I still do not understand how Ford installed the factory sub without the Audiophile system, creating a non-standard hybrid system. I guess it must be a gift?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Somebody screwed up. Lucky you. Thanks for the info. I may buy a factory sub if I can find a good deal.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There should be a lot of factory subs for sale as most owners want an aftermarket sub. I am quite pleased wtih my setup as it is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts