Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2012 SE w/sports pack. today, but no audio upgrades. Crutchfield pretty much says a set of 5 1/4 in the front doors, and same in back. Is this accurate? Also wondering what I need to do to get my ipod hooked up since I don't have an AUX line in.

I'm considering this sequence of upgrades(due to finances):

JL Audio C2-525X 5 1/4 speakers in both front/rear
Amp for above
Subwoofer and amp
JL Audio Cleansweep

Am I on the right track to a solid sound system? I'm looking for nice and clean sound, hidden components, little/no major alterations to car, and built in phases. Any tips/reference/specs would be appreciated. I do love my car though! Day 1 in the Focus club!

·
Registered
636 Posts
You've got quite an adventure ahead of you, and an expensive one at that. The basic, non-sync stereo CANNOT add full ipod integration due to a lack of processing power. Ipods of course can be hooked up traditionally using aux jacks, but youll never get the navigation options, and this early into the cars life I'm unsure of ways you could charge it either.(outside of a usb charger the goes in the 12volt)
The speakers in the car are rated at 25watts rms and the system crudded itself even when i upgraded to a mere 35watt system. In short, budget for amps for each set of speakers you add. Also, the 2011 fiesta speaker bracket works flawlessly using 6.5 inch speakers seeing as how the Focus has the same setup base.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The speakers in the car are rated at 25watts rms and the system crudded itself even when i upgraded to a mere 35watt system. In short, budget for amps for each set of speakers you add.
Would a 2 channel amp be enough for each set? Also, what class/watts would be suffice for the JL C2-525X? Here's the specs:

2-way 5-1/4" speakers (pair)
injection-molded mica-filled polypropylene woofer with butyl rubber surround
3/4" silk dome tweeter
built-in crossover network
4-ohm impedance
power range: 15-60 watts RMS (100 watts peak power)
frequency response: 63-22,000 Hz
sensitivity: 89 dB
depth: 2-1/2"
warranty: 1 year

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am very sure you have installed everything already by now, I just happened to be trolling the forum. They are 6 1/2 inch speakers and for those 60 watts per channel would be perfect. Get a 2 or 4 channel. I'm getting a Jl audio amp 360/4 but bridging to only power the front door speakers. I don't care about the back ones I'll just let those be powered by the head unit. Let me know how or if you installed. I would love to hear what you did.

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Moved to Car Audio, Sync, My Ford Touch & Electronics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts