Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2004 ZX3 that had a crappy aftermarket radio in it. I did some research and found that basically no aftermarket radio has a speed sensitive volume option. I like this feature so much that I would switch back to OEM if it has it. Does the OEM headunit that comes in the car have this feature or the upgrade Blaupunkt radio have this feature.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The 9006 Audiophile radio does but I don't know that you can just put one in your car and that feature will work. See if you can find a wiring schematic with and without the 9006 radio.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The positive of using that radio is I will be using an aftermarket 5 channel so all I need is a signal out. Thanks for the info, I'll look into the schematic for them. Just to make sure, the Blaupunt radio option is the 9006 correct?

·
Super Moderator
9,555 Posts
I know the radio that I had in my Focus had the speed sensitive adjustment. It was just the regular CD/radio that came in almost every Focus I have seen except for one's equipped with the 9006 unit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can get the regular units far cheaper and looks like the Blaupunt unit has issues with lines in the display. Hopefully the stocker will work. Thanks for all input thus far.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
One yes to blaupunkt & one yes to all.

My 6006 doesn't have the best reputation and it has it, in all AFAIK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts