Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the factory shark fin antenna will fit the MK3 Focus?

Part #EJ7Z-18936-BAPTM

I found this in an escape forum and they were saying it's colour matched straight from the parts depot. I would trust a Ford part over some chinese part from ebay or aliexpress any day.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts

Part #EJ7Z-18936-BAPTM

I found this in an escape forum and they were saying it's colour matched straight from the parts depot. I would trust a Ford part over some chinese part from ebay or aliexpress any day.
Not sure about the factory one, but I know the Visual Garage shark fin fits, and works good. Comes painted to match as well.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...&field-keywords=focus visual garage shark fin

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts

Part #EJ7Z-18936-BAPTM
That antenna is used on the 2015 Lincoln MKC and 2015 Ford Edge. Unlike the Visual Garage antenna, it actually replaces your entire factory antenna base so it requires dropping the headliner for access to the mounting bolt. It would appear the connector is the same as the one used on the MK3 antenna base. The base of the Lincoln MKC antenna is much larger than the MK3 base. Street price is about 80 bucks.

(The black antenna base shown in the picture is from a Ford Escape. The base for the MK3 is slightly different)

I might add that the Visual Garage Shark Fin antenna is an excellent product that really works. It is high quality and comes painted to match your paint code. Very easy to install as well. I actually prefer the Visual Garage shark fin over the Lincoln MKC OEM antenna. The VG is lower profile and really looks sharp. These guys also have awesome customer service and stand behind their product. I think their website is under maintenance but they can be contacted at [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks wavesine, that's good info. I don't think I want to mess with my headliner so it looks like the visual garage fin would be the better solution for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just open up the antenna base today; inside have a small PCBA.
Look like the antenna base & whip monopole antenna is not for FM/AM frequency, because radio still function well after removed both of them.

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
Just open up the antenna base today; inside have a small PCBA.
Look like the antenna base & whip monopole antenna is not for FM/AM frequency, because radio still function well after removed both of them.
The whip antenna is for AM/FM reception. You likely are in a high signal strength area and your signal is sufficient for reception with the whip removed. The black base that you took apart contains the xm satellite antenna (if equipped on your car)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi wavsine,
I'm not just removed the whip antenna; I removed including the antenna base as well, the radio still fuction as normal.

My antenna base look abit different compare to yours (see from picture); mine just have a single feeding wire...

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts