Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search, all I found was a common consensis that the factory 6 disk sucks. Now, with that said, my screen is blinking, and everynow and then displays gibberish. Works fine other wise, just the display. Any ideas?

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Never heard the problem your having sorry I can't be of help but who says that the factory 6 disc sux???

I think it rocks... I love it, the only thing I seem to not like at times is it takes forever to change the CD's.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea same here. I like itjust fine. But on the search on here. Everyone was saying how bad it sucks. It just now is being stupid as far as the disply is. Everything else still works fine.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I plan on putting a flush mounted 7" LCD touchscreen in there. But my dilema is that I still want to use the steering column controls and I don't know if it will work with the stock sub.

The only problem that I have had is that for some reason it doesn't like certain cd's, and it makes a grinding noise when you put them in. No problems with the display though. Sorry.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Mine sucks ass, for like a week the cd player didnt relize there was 6 cd's on in there, then all the time the CDs skip even though they are brand new cd's. That and my stock syb amp went out. So annoying, I have to shut my radio off then turn it back on to get to stop skipping over and over.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I hate the six disc. I swapped it out for a single disc pioneer head unit. What good is have 6 cds that dont play? Or when they do play just skip

·
Registered
143 Posts
i have the six disc player and it works fine. Correction WORKED fine. CDs play but once the car is running for a while if i try to change CD's it says cd error and it will go back to the radio. and now my display blinks cause one day i started the car and it was cold out.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Never heard the problem your having sorry I can't be of help but who says that the factory 6 disc sux???

I think it rocks... I love it, the only thing I seem to not like at times is it takes forever to change the CD's.
I have had 2 fail. One the CD tray fails wont play/eject or anything.
Audiophile is horrible get rid of that junk

·
Registered
715 Posts
I have the 6 disc CD changer and it sucks. It never plays any CD's at all, infact its eaten 3 of them and I had to pull it out to get them back. Whatever, I just listen to my iPod and transmitter though, I haven't bought a CD since about 2001. Still, the changer pisses me off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts