Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the dealer order a Focus sedan with manual trans from the factory. They didn't have what I wanted in stock. I was told 4 - 6 weeks. Seems long. Has anyone else had their car ordered from the factory and how long did it take?

·
Registered
174 Posts
They told me 6-8 weeks but said some have been comng in as little as five. I got the VIN yesterday on a car ordered on the 11th. It's slated for build week of 11/28. After that it has to queue onto a train from Wayne, MI, bound for Denver and then get hauled to the dealer and prepped.

None of those transportation hops are done "on demand" or daily for one vehicle at a time. Nor is the train transit done FedEx style via some central hub where they take all the cars from all the plants off the trains from the plants and sort them all back onto different trains to their destinations.

See the VIN thread for the range of experience of others on Foci.

What's your experience basis for thinking 4-6 weeks for an order car is long? I'm thinking 4-6 weeks for a car in relatively strong demand, built in thousands of permutations, from parts sourced from around the globe, is pretty fast.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mine took about 5 or 6 weeks, it depends on the dealer and what Ford has on the production schedule.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm glad to see that orders are being filled quickly these days. Check my signature for a sample of what some of us who ordered back in the spring had to endure.

·
Registered
22 Posts
4-6 weeks seems pretty normal these days.

We ordered ours on September 26th. The Dealership had it November 1st. We took delivery on the 2nd. Well worth the wait.

·
Registered
130 Posts
How are you guys getting the info about when the VIN is built and what time it's slated to be built? I ordered mine on the 2nd or 3rd of this month and would like to check up on it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
How are you guys getting the info about when the VIN is built and what time it's slated to be built? I ordered mine on the 2nd or 3rd of this month and would like to check up on it.
I think your dealer has to check the order system, they can give you the VIN and build date. Mine sent me email updates as soon as they got any new info.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for the replies. I was told 4 - 6 weeks by the dealer so I guess that is accurate. I thought it might be long since I thought that they might already have units in que that would fit the bill.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I ordered 10/6 and it's supposed to be here 11/22. I couldn't find anything that I wanted on any lots either so I decided to order. It goes by fast.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Still waiting its been 10 weeks and it just got built

·
Registered
27 Posts
See the sticky VIN thread for experiences. 4-6 weeks is on the short side, but seems like a number of recent posts there have been getting orders in that time period. Can also find info in that thread on how to find window sticker and build info. My order to build was fast, but the build to delivery has been a LONG time and not done yet.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I was told 5-6 weeks when I ordered the car on Oct 13. It's in transit now and scheduled to be delivered to the dealer this Saturday. That's about 6 and a half weeks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts