Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at 80k miles on my 2010 Focus SES. I wanted to get plugs on hand so I can change them when I have some extra time.

All factory, no mods. I just want to run the factory plugs.

When I pull up the Ford parts diagrams they show p/n SP-448. Autozone and Advanced Auto both have Motorcraft iridium plugs but they show as p/n SP-541.

Searching online I find very little about SP-541. Are these the same plugs?

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/motorcraft-spark-plug-sp-541/10611297-P

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I would recommend changing them, for sure. My Focus ran better when I changed the factory plugs at 36K.

As for which iridium plugs to use - I can't help there. I used Platinum.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I believe them to be the same plug, just a newer revision. You can buy either one and have it work just fine.

Reactions: germain

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to Duratec Performance '08-'11.

Stock plug question, but more info./looks here in the engine area.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2009 focus with 90,000 on it. I changed my plugs and they were NGK Laser Iridium; ITR5F13. I replaced them with Motorcraft Iridium SP-541. I thought I was putting factory plugs back in when I purchased the Motorcraft. But I guess they came factory NGK. Anyway she seems to run a little better, mine you this car has never ran bad. The plugs I pulled out probably could have went another 15,000 miles. I think you should always use what the factory's use; I'm talking same metal not brand. Platinum's are good, technically copper is the best, but they are the shortest lived also. I don't know if this helps anyone, just felt like sharing. Good day.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2010 has 165,000 miles on it. Never touched the engine other than oil changes. It doesn't miss or anything. my gas mileage is around 31mpg at 75 to 80mph all highway.

·
Registered
20 Posts
CHANGE the plugs and you will get 34-35 mpg highway. I put in motorcraft sp-541 agsf-32--yr. Iridium
plugs a week ago .my focus 2007 duratec 2.0 l pzev runs great now , they replaced the 448 after 40000 thousand miles. car had the ngk in it when I first changed out the plugs. the ngk plugs had 70000 miles on them, all three are good plugs , car runs a lot smoother now, lot more pep.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I tried the auotlite 104 but got less mpg on gas. than I got with the ngk that came in my focus and the motorcraft 448 and the mc 541. with the motercraft 541 my focus is running smoother and a lot more pep. I am trying out 5w30 castro synthetic now was using 5w20 so don't know about the gas mpg with the 541 now that I have the 5w30 oil in focus. I will probably try a mixture of two qts 5w20 and 2.4 qts. of 5w30 when I change oil again. can,t find 5w30 motorcraft around here. plan on this being my last car little weary of the 5w20mc oil. runs smooth and quiet for the first 4000 miles the last 1000 not so smooth. few months 73 yrs old.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts