Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a part number for these?

Has anuone done this upgrade? Is it PNP or do you have to run ground and power wire.

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Moved to the MkIII section where you can find more threads for information.

(We don't consider them an Interior Mod)

Not a direct PnP, and you also need the FoCCCus software or a Dealer to reset the computer system to avoid bulb out errors showing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did not realize that this was in interior section.

Do you happen to have a park number for the housings?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have this upgrade. I got a pair of ST3 HID headlights off ebay, complete with all parts. The ST3 lights were available only on the Focus ST3, which was the top of the line ST trim, years 2013-2014. You can also get Focus Electric HID headlights and I believe they are form years 2012-2015. They are essentially the same headlights, only difference is that the ST3 light is mostly black with chrome in the center and the Electric light is all chrome. They both have an LED strip as the parking light, and use a 25w HID system, bulbs and ballasts. Nearly all cars with factory HIDs have 35w systems, which I have upgraded to myself for more light output.

You can likely find a pair of these lights on ebay anywhere from $700-$1000
If you choose to upgrade to 35w, you will need to buy x2 35w ballasts, x2 D3S cables, x2 D3S bulbs and make a small notch on the bulb base. This upgrade will cost around $120-$150

To get these lights to work, you will need to do 2 things. There are 3 wires that will need to be grounded in each headlight. They need to be cut, spliced together and grounded securely. Next, you will need to use the FoCCCus program to change the BCM to run "Alternative HID". And with that you will be set. They will work pefectly, with zero issues if you install them this way. I highly recommend these if you want HIDs on your car. Yes it is more expensive than just adding an HID kit or doing a retrofit. Using an HID kit will require a need for relays, resistors, and some kits just dont seem to work properly on our cars. Going this route is a safe bet.

From who I have talked to, I know of only 5 or so guys who have added Factroy HIDs to their MK3's that came with halogens. Im sure more have done this mod, I just havent found them. If you have any other questions, Id be more than happy to help. As far as purchasing, start looking on ebay

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have this upgrade. I got a pair of ST3 HID headlights off ebay, complete with all parts. The ST3 lights were available only on the Focus ST3, which was the top of the line ST trim, years 2013-2014. You can also get Focus Electric HID headlights and I believe they are form years 2012-2015. They are essentially the same headlights, only difference is that the ST3 light is mostly black with chrome in the center and the Electric light is all chrome. They both have an LED strip as the parking light, and use a 25w HID system, bulbs and ballasts. Nearly all cars with factory HIDs have 35w systems, which I have upgraded to myself for more light output.

You can likely find a pair of these lights on ebay anywhere from $700-$1000
If you choose to upgrade to 35w, you will need to buy x2 35w ballasts, x2 D3S cables, x2 D3S bulbs and make a small notch on the bulb base. This upgrade will cost around $120-$150

To get these lights to work, you will need to do 2 things. There are 3 wires that will need to be grounded in each headlight. They need to be cut, spliced together and grounded securely. Next, you will need to use the FoCCCus program to change the BCM to run "Alternative HID". And with that you will be set. They will work pefectly, with zero issues if you install them this way. I highly recommend these if you want HIDs on your car. Yes it is more expensive than just adding an HID kit or doing a retrofit. Using an HID kit will require a need for relays, resistors, and some kits just dont seem to work properly on our cars. Going this route is a safe bet.

From who I have talked to, I know of only 5 or so guys who have added Factroy HIDs to their MK3's that came with halogens. Im sure more have done this mod, I just havent found them. If you have any other questions, Id be more than happy to help. As far as purchasing, start looking on ebay
Hi, what are the wires that need to be grounded?

The reason I ask is because I'm trying to do the opposite.. I have a 2017 ST3 but my headlights are cracked, trying to install SE aftermarket HID onto ST3 but I guess I would need to reverse the steps you did..

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hi, what are the wires that need to be grounded?

The reason I ask is because I'm trying to do the opposite.. I have a 2017 ST3 but my headlights are cracked, trying to install SE aftermarket HID onto ST3 but I guess I would need to reverse the steps you did..
Oh man, I dont think I will be able to help you there my friend. I Dont know how the 2017 ST3 lights plug is wired so I dont think I can give you any help, sorry

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh man, I dont think I will be able to help you there my friend. I Dont know how the 2017 ST3 lights plug is wired so I dont think I can give you any help, sorry
They are probably the same as your or similar, can you post what you did wires and such? from there I can figure it out.. Thanks!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I grounded the 2 number 9 wires together with the number 6 wire directly below it. As my factory harness did not have connectors for these pins, I needed to ground them.

I dont think this will be much help for you unless you post pics of your replacement headlights and the connector pins

·
Registered
4 Posts
I grounded the 2 number 9 wires together with the number 6 wire directly below it. As my factory harness did not have connectors for these pins, I needed to ground them.

I dont think this will be much help for you unless you post pics of your replacement headlights and the connector pins
Hi guy566,
Please I need some help with the replacement of my OEM headlights.
I bought Ford Focus Electric HID headlights and I believe they are form years 2012-2015.
My car is a 2012 Ford Focus Hatch Titanium w/ halogen headlights.
Where are the 3 wires (color) that will need to be grounded in each headlight?
Do you have a picture or a diagram?
Thank you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts