Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any expierence, or heard stories of this. I bought my car new off the lot in 04. It always felt fast, faster then other focus I've drove as well. I finally had it dyno'd last week and its registering 166 WHP with only a cold air intake and a lunchbox delete. Its just simply not possible. My fastest 1/4 mile time was 15.25 at 92mph on with 215/50R17s (bridgestone potenzas). I have 103,000 miles on it. It seems the math works out but the HP numbers don't make sense. Did some of these come out of the factory with high number like this. I'm stumped.

2004 Ford Focus ZX3
5 Speed manual
manual windows/doors no frills

HELP!

·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts
You have a 2.3, so they are a good motor. I would say the dyno is off, at the very least it was 166 crank horsepower. The intakes are restrictive on the 2.3s so an intake can make a fairly noticeable difference too. Your trap speed is pretty high tho, I would think you'd be at like a 14.9 with that trap speed, so maybe it is? I don't know, I confuse myself...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Theres got to be a math equation that proves my numbers wrong. I love the thought of these numbers but lets be honest.... If anyone knows of a place in new england that has decent results from there dyno let me know and I'll head doen. I'm posted up in rhode island.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
what kind of dyno was it?

thats a pretty good 1/4 mile for those mods, esp with the taller than stock 17's

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
You have the 2.3....so it would be faster than all the other foci you drove. SVT would feel similarly fast.

The 166whp does seem a bit high for a basically stock car. You have a tune or anything? Maybe the dyno sheet...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts