Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think it will hold up if i take my car to the track Wed. night? i have the powerworks installed on it now. and 49k on the factory clutch. I plan on beating the heck out of it on the track too.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1/4

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
i have 140,000 miles on my stock clutch, i drag and auto x on it. i don't have a powerworks kit, but it's still hanging in there!

oops then again i realized i just posted in the SVT forum!

·
Registered
351 Posts
if you're in the market for a new clutch, I'd say go to it. But if you want to make the stock one last another year, I'd avoid HIGH RPM launches over and over with the Powerworks on a stock clutch. Especially when you address that you're going to BEAT THE HELL OUT OF IT.

Powerworks+stock clutch with 49K miles+I'M GOING TO BEAT THE HELL OUT OF IT= new clutch in near future.

that's my two cents, and good luck at the track.

jaimz is a special case, he's from Ohio, and all of us Ohioans never have to replace clutches because we have "The Touch" HAHAA.

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
SVT-Clarity.. your correct about having "the touch"

i know how to drive a manual very well! out of my 3 cars i've owned, i've driven a total of... 630,000 (and some change) miles and i've only had to change 1 clutch! and that was after 370,000 miles on my geo storm (yeah i made that stock clutch last almost half a million) and i beat my cars.

i wonder if my huge size 14 feet have anything to do with it.

after all you know what they say about guys with big feet!.. they have long... clutch life!

·
Registered
351 Posts
^^^^ HA! That's not even a contest Artood2s. The REAL contest is who waited out the rattle in the transaxle longer. . .THAT'S the competition. Because eventually, they ALL need replaced regardless.

·
Registered
210 Posts
22k on stock clutch. 15k boosted. I race at the track every week, sometimes twice a week. It's starting to slip now under WOT. But fine under normal driving.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts