Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heads up, for those of us in colder climes with the factory installed block heater. Had my TI in for semi annual service at another local dealership 2 weeks ago (this one seems to care). During the routine service, they actually checked functionality of the block heater. Must have been a quick cct test with a meter. Turns out it didn't/doesn't work and was likely delivered that way. So it's in right now for diagnosis and possible replacement (and good timing; it's friggin cold here this week). So for possibly the last 2 winters, I've been plugging it in and not getting benefit, other than saving on my electricity bill!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Heads up, for those of us in colder climes with the factory installed block heater. Had my TI in for semi annual service at another local dealership 2 weeks ago (this one seems to care). During the routine service, they actually checked functionality of the block heater. Must have been a quick cct test with a meter. Turns out it didn't/doesn't work and was likely delivered that way. So it's in right now for diagnosis and possible replacement (and good timing; it's friggin cold here this week). So for possibly the last 2 winters, I've been plugging it in and not getting benefit, other than saving on my electricity bill!
Wow, I'm impressed that they tested that too.

I know I've taken my car in before with a bulb burnt out and the "green" check box is checked for it on the report card lol.

Also, I know my block heater works because once it gets warmed up, you can hear it hissing. And the block is warm to the touch.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was defective, non-functional. They replaced it, requiring a flush of the coolant as well.

And now the weather is changing; warming back up. I guess the polar vortex is being chased away by my fixed block heater karma [clap]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts