Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new Focus owner having just purchased an 03 ZX3. When seting presets for the radio it got caught in some sort of weird loop where it just keeps reseting. I found a "reset defaults" procedure in the literature for the radio that came with the car but the menu will not stay displayrd on the screen for me to access the reset defaults area ih the menu. Also the radio stays on and keeps doing this even after turning off the ignition. Pulling the fuse for the radio seems to be the only way to shut it down and after reinserting the fuse and turning the radio back on it immediatly goes back into the reset loop again. Anyone have any ideas how to cure this?

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
no idea dude, but I'm sure this has been asked before.
anyways... a free bump for ya.
btw, welcome to ff

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
when i still had my blau in the car i had to take it in under warranty. (i know sounds stupid to take it in because of the radio) but i got a new one out of it. to be honest if i were you i'd go find a nice aftermarket one that plays MP3's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally got it to function the way the manual said it was supposed to today during lunch. Thanks for the comments, maybe if I quit messing with the pre-sets I won't run into this again.
I do like this car, it's a fun car to bomb around in, and runs on regular gas unlike everything else in my garage.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
My car just started doing this last night, anyone else have any suggestions? It keeps turning itself off and on even when the ignition is not on and the key is out of the ignition. Ive pulled the fuse so as not to drain my battery....i really need some help cuz the warranty i had bought with the car (i got it used) is now deciding that its not covered under warranty and I have NOO extra cash for this right now....any help would be appreciated!

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
have a CD handy. Pull the fuse so that once the fuse is placed back in, it wont be doing the stupid cycle thing. Once the fuse is replaced, put the key into the ignition and turn it to accesory or on (as long as the deck can get power) and insert the CD, press menu, defalt reset and select yes. Now, somebody e-mailed these instructions to me and they worked. BUT! it did it again and now i cant even use the CD trick again, so I decided to just get a new head unit. It might be the best thing, these blaupunkts suck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts