Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTF is up with this? Anyone have this problem? This is happening to my wifes 05 ST. I'd say in the past two months its gone off 5 times. Now from what I understand the only way it can go off is if the doors are locked with the keyfob and the door is opened from the inside. Like breakin the window and reachin in to open it. The panic button is not being pressed. Every time it happens the keys are hangin on the wall.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
someone else have a ford in the neihbor hood? could just be a singal getting carried just far enough and then setting yours off

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my neighbor across the street has a Contour and right next to me has an Escape. I don't see how theirs could be making it go off though. I have to be pretty close to the car to open it.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Was it in a heavy rainstorm by chance? (bridging of sensor(s) due to water or corrosion). I would think there would also be a code to tell you what triggered the alarm (Don't know for sure, just makes sense the comp would record that).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you ever find a fix for this? My gpa's car is doing this now. In the middle of the night it will go off by itself. Even when in the garage. Don't know what it can be.

·
Registered
15 Posts
way bak i had ataurus that did this. i replaced the battery and it stopped. no rea rhyme or reason to it.and it never seemed to go off unless it was 2 in the morning very convienant

1 - 6 of 6 Posts